Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » get over it

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: get over it
Niki
Neophyte
Member # 37106

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Niki     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have this acquaintance... We get along well usually, but the other day he kinda snapped at me. He was mad, but I didn't really do anything to him so I was a little hurt, espacially since I was in a bad mood already. Well, he didn't even try to apoligize, nor seem to care and that made it worse.

Well, now, I'm hanging out with my boyfriend and I haven't seem him in so long so I'm trying to forget that but its hard. So not only am I mad, I also feel guilty cause my mind keeps going back to that. I'm scared maybe I like him or something, but I don't want to because I LOVE my boyfriend and I LOVE the relationship we have.

I just want to be able to enjoy my boyfriend without this other guy.

Posts: 32 | From: Earth | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JamsessionVT
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 17924

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JamsessionVT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I guess I'm not sure why this is causing so many problems.

Obviously when anyone is rude or behaves negatively towards us, it bothers us, and some shrug it off better than others. It's pretty clear that this got to you, but at some point, especially if this is not a life-long friend with whom you really want to stay friends (you referred to him as an "acquaintance", thus I'm assuming he isn't the former) you really need to just let it go. People act like jerks: they have off moments, they say mean things, and plenty of times they won't acknowledge any of it. Sometimes it's just better to let it slide.

I'm hearing that you love you partner and love your relationship, and that this is more of a shock to you than any feelings of love towards this guy. My suggestion? Don't second guess yourself, and just try and let this one slide.

--------------------
Abbie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Love Us? Keep Us Around by Donating!

Posts: 3987 | From: Greater Burlington Area, Vermont | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Niki
Neophyte
Member # 37106

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Niki     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It bothers me because
1. he doesn't need to be a jerk to me when I didn't do anything

and

2. I don't know why I can't keep my mind off of it.

Posts: 32 | From: Earth | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JamsessionVT
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 17924

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JamsessionVT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Like I said before, unless this is some life-long friend whose friendship you value, let this one go. This is so not worth racking your brain over [Smile]

We can't always understand or explain why people act the way they do. The best you can do is explain to him why what he did upset you, and ask for an apology, but even then you might not get what you want.

So, I'd just suggest forgetting it ever happened. Probably not the answer you wanted to hear, but this is really not worth the effort you're putting into it, you know?

--------------------
Abbie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Love Us? Keep Us Around by Donating!

Posts: 3987 | From: Greater Burlington Area, Vermont | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.