Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » sex positions for first timers

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: sex positions for first timers
perfectviolet
Neophyte
Member # 40169

Icon 14 posted      Profile for perfectviolet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
me and my girlfriend have just started having sex and i want to know a few positions that we can try out that will give more variety, and more pleasure to her while its happening. just easy and simple ones will do, thanks.

[ 09-23-2008, 04:21 PM: Message edited by: perfectviolet ]

Posts: 30 | From: england | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
perfectviolet
Neophyte
Member # 40169

Icon 1 posted      Profile for perfectviolet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i hope this is in the correct forum, sorry if it isnt [Frown]
Posts: 30 | From: england | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's fine to post it here, but honestly, positioning is something a couple finds out about primarily by experimenting, because no two bodies fit together exactly the same way.

If you want, you can go grab a book on sex positions, but for real, it's stuff you can figure out on your own just through trial and error. And that *should* be the fun part. A crib sheet for sex tends to make it about how other people have sex rather than about unique discoveries for the two of you.

Just be aware that a majority of women do not reach orgasm with intercourse alone no matter how you're positioned, so if she's not really experiencing a lot of pleasure, the way to get there is usually to add other sexual activities -- either before, during or after -- rather than (or as well as) changing positions.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
perfectviolet
Neophyte
Member # 40169

Icon 1 posted      Profile for perfectviolet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ok thanks. i know that most women don't reach orgasm with intercourse, i just meant to make it more fun in bed...thanks
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Like I said, you can just experiment, and really, it's the experimenting that is what's often most fun.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Halfy
Neophyte
Member # 40404

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Halfy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As you're new to sex, don't go overboard with these positions. Take things as they naturally occur and you'll be much happier.

If you really want some variety though just alternate between who's on top.

--------------------
"There are 10 kinds of people - those who understand binary and those who don't."

Posts: 10 | From: Maryland | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Lauren-
Activist
Member # 25983

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Lauren-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I deleted your post, sxxm, because it contains a link to an inappropriate website. Please realize that linking to over 18 sites/ones that show explicit photographs of sexual positions are against the Guidelines.

If you continue to post promoting that site, you'll quickly find yourself banned. If you would like to stay, we ask you edit your sig to exclude the link and keep all replies/links to sources age-appropriate. Thanks!

[ 09-29-2008, 02:17 PM: Message edited by: *Lauren* ]

Posts: 4636 | From: USA/Northern Europe | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Unknown J
Neophyte
Member # 40535

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Unknown J     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a ? my girlfreind is not a virgin but she hasent had penatrating sex at all or sex with a guy for that matter and i never had sex with someone whos cherry wasen't "popped" soo i'm afraid of hurting her but we both agreed that we are going to try it soo any advice that would make it less painful or anything we should know because tho she keeps me informed i have a feeling she might leave out something that might freak me out thanks Unkown J
Posts: 3 | From: usa | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
(Unknown J, next time it would be better if you started a post of your own for your questions, so as not to get overlooked.)

First of all, if you feel that she may not be completely honest with you, I'd hold of on the sex until you two feel better about communicating with each other. That's a pretty bit part of sex, so if you go into it feeling like you may not get the whole story, that's not a good idea.

Second of all, there is no cherry in a girl's vagina. There also aren't any apples, bananas or cantaloupes. What you're probably talking about is the hymen, which gets stretched with intercourse and eventually wears away. Since the hymen itself doesn't have any nerve endings, this shouldn't hurt much at all as long as you make sure she's fully relaxed and aroused, go slowly and use lots of lube.

Here are some articles you may also find useful:
Be a Blabbermouth! The Whats, Whys and Hows of Talking About Sex With a Partner
Ready or Not? The Scarleteen Sex Readiness Checklist
First Intercourse 101

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.