Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » unsure

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: unsure
jill kim
Neophyte
Member # 38068

Icon 5 posted      Profile for jill kim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
there is a guy that i was always attracted to.
hes a classmate...technically we've known each other since the 6th grade...and now we're both going to be juniors in highschool.... so its been a while. but we've never had a decent convo until recently.
he sent me a random IM saying hi...and i was a bit surprised so i asked him if he needed anything... and he said no...and that he just wanted to talk....
and we started connecting...so now...whenever he signs on...we talk for hours...
its fun at times...but sometimes it gets a bit awkward.... and i always make an effort to keep the convo going...but its hard...
im starting to fall for him...and i dont know how to bring this up. unfortunately...we dont have a lot of classes together which is a problem...and im confused...whether he feels the same way? or...is just really bored.

Posts: 7 | From: new york | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Horizon
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 35890

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Horizon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The best thing you can do is ask. [Smile]

We can't tell you what he's thinking because we obviously don't know either, but if you believe a more serious relationship is something you want to pursue with him, it's easiest if you simply ask if he is interested.

--------------------
-Kayla
Scarleteen Volunteer

"A wise man should consider that health is the greatest of human blessings, and learn how by his own thought to derive benefit from his illnesses." -Hippocrates

Posts: 755 | From: United States | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jill kim
Neophyte
Member # 38068

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jill kim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
how do you approach this?
what if the relationship gets all weird?

Posts: 7 | From: new york | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Horizon
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 35890

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Horizon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You would probably know better than me how to approach it as I do not know him personally, but if it does not feel like the right time for you now, you may just want to wait a little while. If you like, go ahead and continue these conversations you're having with him so that you two get to know each other a little better. After that point, if you're still interested in a relationship and he seems like he would like to, as well, it may be easier then to ask him about it.

Sometimes, when we're going from friendship to something more (or also in other models), things do get "all weird." It just happens. But waiting until you are more comfortable with him and you know each other better may make things easier.

--------------------
-Kayla
Scarleteen Volunteer

"A wise man should consider that health is the greatest of human blessings, and learn how by his own thought to derive benefit from his illnesses." -Hippocrates

Posts: 755 | From: United States | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.