Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » an old middle school crush. what to do?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: an old middle school crush. what to do?
intensity-in-ten-cities.
Neophyte
Member # 36052

Icon 10 posted      Profile for intensity-in-ten-cities.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i just found a boy i had a crush on when i was in 8th grade. i just recently graduated from high school and finding him felt so... warm. i guess. i can never remember feeling for somebody as much as i felt for him. maybe because my feelings have matured but i liked him for so long. i promised myself i wouldnt ever feel that way again. i havent seen him since the beginning of my 9th grade year but even going into 10th grade, i had a hard time getting over that crush. i would still think about him when i liked other people. he was my "dream" guy. i didnt get over it until i began liking another boy almost equally as much but i still thought about him from time to time. now since i found him on a social networking site, my attraction to him in still there and i haven't been able to get him off of my mind. i use to write about him, talk about him constantly, dream about him and then he moved... and i use to cry about it. i never got a chance to tell him how i felt but i knew he knew through other people. we were mere associates; i talked to him when it was a group around, or atleast another person but when it was just us two he would become very shy. i would often wonder if that meant that he had no interest to talk to me (there had been a lot of weird, mixed signal things going on). i was very, very shy as an early teenager and not to mention i was a late bloomer; very homely looking. now im a completely different person. i couldnt see myself pursuing a relationship with him because im a totally different person now but believe me when i tell you, i was very, very ecstatic to talk to him and for the fact that he lives in a different state and i have a boyfriend that i care deeply about but i would really like to become one of his good friends. how do i do that? i talked to him online but he didnt really open up much. he told me he wasnt a huge talker and i dont think he remembered much about me since he moved around so much, but i want so desperately to be his friend and when i want to be somebody's friend, i always succeed at it. what should i do? its like i almost think everything happens for a reason. from time to time i thought of a day when i would talk to him again if that doesnt sound weird lol.

[ 07-31-2008, 07:50 PM: Message edited by: intensity-in-ten-cities. ]

Posts: 13 | From: MD | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
crazyinsheets13
Neophyte
Member # 39559

Icon 1 posted      Profile for crazyinsheets13     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I know whatcha mean. What I would advise is to just like flood your feelings to him but let him know you're NOT interested in dating but just to be good friends (if he gets the idea that you want to be more it could ruin the relationship with him AND your relationship with your current boyfriend.

--------------------
Hey mom? Where do babies come from?

Posts: 8 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
intensity-in-ten-cities.
Neophyte
Member # 36052

Icon 1 posted      Profile for intensity-in-ten-cities.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hmmm I just don't want to tell him that and seem like a psycho lol

its gonna be soo hard
but I really would like to be his friend.

Posts: 13 | From: MD | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you do want to get to know him better, I'd take it slow and just tell him that you're interested in catching up with him and see if you two connect as friends. I would not tell him about the crush until you two have known each other a while longer, if at all. Too, if I was you, I'd spend some time thinking about why you are trying to get in touch and really examine your feelings on that, just to avoid any confusion further down the road.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.