Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » Sex Buddies.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Sex Buddies.
Evienne M.
Neophyte
Member # 39629

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Evienne M.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm thirteen turning fourteen in five months and my best friend had turned fourteen in January. His girlfriend just recently dumped him after a 3 week fight and almost a seven month relationship and my boyfriend moved to a different province a while ago. So he and I have been talking on the phone to just help each other out like really late at night. Plus we have a bit of history. Only a little, but still history none the less. So we’ve been talking over the phone and soon enough the subject of sex became a regular topic to talk about... We had conversed about it so much as a joke that it started to get serious. Now I have a sex buddy. You know someone to have No-Strings-Attached sex with. We’re not even dating, but he and I know that we’re ready to take this thing on, but of course I’m worried about pregnancy and all that stuff. I know I can’t get birth control without my parents finding out and if this “ Dirty Little Secret ” were to get public, I’d get kicked out of school, no doubt about it, because I go to a private school. Matter of fact, both he and I go to private schools. So we’d both get kicked out. Do you have any advice on this? And any tips for what I should do? Like, I’m a virgin and so is he, we haven’t actually had sex yet, but does anyone have anything? And please if you're going to tell me I'm too young, then no thank you. But if it means something, then maybe, just remember I'm looking for advice. Not people telling me I'm a wh*re or something.
Posts: 13 | From: Winnipeg | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Generally, if a given person just knows they will not be able to do the basic things to reduce their risks and tend to their sexual health -- whether they are 13 or 30, so it's not really an age issue -- we'll advise them to hold off until they can, or, at the very least, only engage in low-risk activities. Anyone leaping right into intercourse before taking time with other activities doesn't usually result in the good stuff, anyway, physically or emotionally.

Same goes for people who have a whole lot to lose by being sexually active: if sexual activity earnestly puts your education at risk, I think we can agree that is a LOT to lay on the line for something that easily keeps, no?

By the by? Anyone who calls anyone here names of any kind either gets a stern warming then booted if they repeat it, or gets booted right away. That's SO not okay here, so you do not need to ask people not to call you names here.

One more thing? After a breakup, it's often best for folks to take some time for themselves before jumping into something new -- even something casual, though I'd not really call sex between best friends casual just because it isn't romantic. Rebounding kinda bites, and being someone's rebound isn't so fun, either. [Smile]

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
diamonds4lucy
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 28076

Icon 1 posted      Profile for diamonds4lucy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Edit: Heather got it.

[ 08-02-2008, 08:23 PM: Message edited by: Coastal Nicole ]

--------------------
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be. -Douglas Adams.

Help Support Scarleteen!

Posts: 446 | From: Seattle | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.