Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » Give Up ?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Give Up ?
TheCitizenErased
Activist
Member # 31269

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheCitizenErased     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well its been a long time since Ive posted anything on here, but i guess everything has been ok for me for a change.Yet all good things must come to an end.
I am in a predicament but first I'll give some background info [Razz]

Well ive been on here before ranting about my ex but I can finally say i am over her.Only took me 4 months but its over now and now i have my eye on someone else.
I have liked this girl for ages. Even before i started going with my ex i liked her but it died down as i was with someone else, but it has came back. Big time.
But when i was at a party i ended up making out with this other girl and a few days later we ended up going out. But it ended in disaster as i couldnt shake off my feelings for the the girl i liked. So i ended it to chase after her.
Now i am a very open person and i admitted it to her that i like her and to my suprise she also said that she does too. We are pretty close and i was worried that telling her this would sever our friendship, but thank god it didnt.
Anyway, after a while I hinted about going with her but in all honesty it wouldnt hav worked at the time as I was up to my eyeballs in exam revision etc
So we decided to bring the subject back up in the summer. Everything was great.
Then she broke the news to me a week or so ago that her best friend likes me [Frown]
Nothing against the girl but i have my heart set on the girl who i like who for names sake i'll call Nikki. And the girl who likes me Amy.
Now after this I felt crushed, still do. Nikki says she still likes me but now i feel that i wont ever be with her because her best friend likes me.
Should I give up or continue on.
I have my heart set on her [Frown]
Any advice ? [Confused]

--------------------
Im Always Wishing Too Late ...

Posts: 68 | From: The Blue Planet | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
orca
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 33665

Icon 1 posted      Profile for orca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just because her friend likes you doesn't mean that you are suddenly forced to like her back or go out with her. Think about it. If movie stars had to go out with every person who liked them, well, they'd be pretty busy (though I'd be pretty happy; I've had the hots for John Cusack for the longest time [Wink] ). Feelings have to be mutual, or there's just nothing there.

Have you tried explaining to Nikki that you only like her and not her friend? You can even say you are okay with being friends with Amy, but that your feelings don't extend beyond friendship with her.

--------------------
Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.--Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Posts: 2726 | From: North America | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheCitizenErased
Activist
Member # 31269

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheCitizenErased     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the reply orca [Smile]
Yeah I have tried to explain to her after one night she was convinced i liked Amy. But i managed to let her know it was only her I liked. But i feel theres not much hope as shes not willing to go with me unless Amy stops liking me but i understand someone cant just stop liking you. Its a difficult situation. I have no idea what to do.

--------------------
Im Always Wishing Too Late ...

Posts: 68 | From: The Blue Planet | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.