Donate Now

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » she no longer cares about us

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: she no longer cares about us
richy
Neophyte
Member # 31701

Icon 1 posted      Profile for richy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
so me and my ex-girlfriend had been together for about 3 years, before she decided to leave me just recently, before we even started dating, we were best friends, and still were until recently, she was not only my first girlfriend, but my first, real friend, the first and probably only person i could open up to or tell anything to, and i think it was the same for her, like we were both kind of antisocial loners, until we found each other. and then everything was different, we all of a sudden had each other and we could tell each other everything. nothing has ever made me as happy as she had. and i think, that ive depended on her, to make me happy for so long, i cant really be very happy with anything anymore. anyways, after a few months of dating, i moved, to another town, an hour away, and for a while it was just devasting for both us, but we got through it together, and dealt with it, and we got through so much together, and dealt with so much, but it was okay, cause we did it together. after a while, i became really moody, and i would be mean to her sometimes, but usually i was pretty nice. then like a week or two ago we didn't talk for a few days, and when we did again, she told that she got high on cough syrup with some guy, that led to a lot of fighting, and we didn't talk for a few days again, i had tried to get a hold of her plenty of times, but never could, when we finally got to talk, she told me that she was still doing the cough medicine, and also routinely kissing this guy, she snuck out with him one night to get high, and got caught when she went back home by her dad, so now shes grounded, and we hardly ever talk. but in that week or so that we didn't talk, she changed, she no longer cares about us, about making things work out, before that week she would've done everything she could to make it better, but now she would rather party, or hang out with her guy friend. since this has happened, i really feel like like I've changed, I've had to see things from her point of view, and she now fills my role as a jerk, most of the time we talk now, i just cry, and she doesn't care, or she sounds annoyed, i can understand though, i used to do that sometimes to her. but now that I've been enlightened, that I've learned not to take her for granted, it's apparently too late, she tells she doesn't want to go through it again, and she loses her chance of being with this other guy, and her chance at having a normal teenage life, and either way has to hurt someones feelings, she says I'm more important than him, but it really doesn't seem so. I know if she gave me another chance, things really would work out, but she just wont, i think though that if we saw each other again, it would help everything. Everyday, i begin to resent myself even more, for learning just too late that she might not stick around forever
Posts: 11 | From: oklahoma | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Jill
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Jill     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You received an answer to this question here so I'm going to close this thread. Please do not double post.
Posts: 3641 | From: Truckee, CA, US | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.