Donate Now
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » What just happened....?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What just happened....?
realtor55
Activist
Member # 30533

Icon 11 posted      Profile for realtor55     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's this girl I work with, I see her about twice a week, she seems like a really big flirt or a tease?, she's always excited to see her guy friends, gives em hugs etc. But she does the same to me, and everytime im in the back alone she comes to visit me, we tease eachother, play fight and talk. Our hugs seem meaningful? But what do I know I haven't hugged a girl in a long time, their always tight, sorta long (3-5 seconds)? and our cheeks touch, yeah, recently i got that feeling in my chest and i think about her everyday. We tease eachother alot, sometimes harsh, she calls me her punching bag (she hits me as hard as she can, my last gf enjoyed that too) but its all in fun cause we hug afterwards and apologize (never serious). Now I wan't to get off this "teasing" situation because I fear it may put me in the friend zone for good, she's so hard to read, so this goes on about everytime we work together (a little over a month) an so recently i went to go visit her at work, and she wanted a hug, i said i'd meet her on her break, so i went and she said she wasnt allowe d to take breaks anymore because last time she spent an hour with this guy named jake (ill get into that later) so she told me to wait, till the manager left so i can come in, so i waited 2 hours... and i finally went in, same thing happened, we talked in the bag, hugged quite a bit, i asked her about this guy named jake, she said she didnt like him, but she said she was going with him and her sister dress shopping the next day. i said okay, and as we were about to leave, i waited for her ride to arrive before i went home, we hugged for about 15 seconds? she rested her head on my chest and closed her eyes. oh and before this, a week before, she invited a guy from another store to come so they cud talk as she cleaned up, as we were about to leave, she told me she had to tell me something about him, i said ok, we were alone for a minute or so and she said he tried to grab her and kiss her, and i smiled and said dont worry u have me here, then she clutched onto me and looked at me and said cud u plz, pretend (to be her boyfriend) so i stayed with her, till her ride came, and she gave me a hug as she left, and thanked me later for it. so after numerous occasions of this, and one of her close friends saying she probably likes me (she asked her, and the response she got was a smile and a little giggle. then the day she goes shopping with her friend jake and her sister, she calls me out of the blue (first time shes ever called) i say hi, how was your day? she says it went bad, and she explains and her and her sister fought over being friends with the guy jake etc. she said ill call u tonight and tell you the rest, she never did. so now its today, i call her back and say "hey what happened? u were supposed to call me" she said oh, me and my sister we yelling and i guess i forgot, then she came and visited at work asking for the schedule, i showed it to her and she started calling ppl to take her shift, and she stayed there, and then she hung up, we talked, and i casually asked her out, asking what she was doing this and that day, that i wanted to reserve a day with her, she kept saying im doing this. that. this. that. and then i realized i guess i wasnt worth her time when i said, how about sunday afternoon she said, i sleep then. so then she got a call and she said she had to leave and yeah. i dont know, i guess i take that as a rejection... dont know what to think.

sorry this is so long.

Posts: 52 | From: Carrigan | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pyro_angel
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 13245

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pyro_angel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This post is very similar, and I don't really see a question here. Can you explain what you'd like to know?
Thanks!

--------------------
Courtenay

Posts: 593 | From: Kamloops, BC, Canada | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stephanie_1
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 36725

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stephanie_1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It really sounds like you need to take some time and have a nice sit down chat with her. Unless you've precisely told her how you feel about her, she may see you as a friend and think that this is how you see her as well. And honestly ... what better person to ask the the original source.

A lot of friends act in a way with their other friends that comes off a flirting and really mean it to be just a friendship, just the same as some people acting like friends with people that they honestly feel more deeply about. Just the same, it's probably not the best idea to pretend to be her boyfriend, because in the long run it makes everything a bit mixed up. This is especially true since you've already said that you like her - but you can always offer to stand up for her as a friend.

Really though, you should explain to her how you're feeling. Not knowing her or her personality it's difficult for someone here to tell you whether or not the way that she's acting is indication of her like for you simply as a friend or as more than a friend - but she would certainly be able to tell you how she feels if you ask her. Additionally, calling her "a big flirt" or "a big tease" is attaching a bad name to her and you don't want to be doing that - not only as it's derogatory and against regs. here to name call and the like – but her being someone you like it’s not really the best way to show that.

--------------------
"Sometimes the majority only means that all the fools are on the same side" ~Anon

Posts: 3429 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
realtor55
Activist
Member # 30533

Icon 1 posted      Profile for realtor55     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I didn't mean to put a bad name on her, it's just I don't know if she acts like this with everyone, I've fallen for her, and I don't know if she feels the same. I've never been in a situation like this, so I'd like input for people who are experienced in this situation.
Posts: 52 | From: Carrigan | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.