Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » Sex With Friend

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Sex With Friend
TheCitizenErased
Activist
Member # 31269

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheCitizenErased     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have heard from friends an read that after you have sex with someone whether they are your friend or girl/boyfriend etc , that it is quite common for people to feel awkward round them.I dont know if this is true but i would like some input on this if anyone has expirienced it [Smile]
thanks [Wink]

--------------------
Im Always Wishing Too Late ...

Posts: 68 | From: The Blue Planet | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mimble
Activist
Member # 35859

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mimble     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think if you feel ready to have sex with someone, then it doesn't feel awkward. I felt strangely ready after only dating my bf for 2 1/2 weeks, so it wasn't awkward paticularly for me.
Posts: 56 | From: UK | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hs123
Activist
Member # 35336

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hs123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know what kind of sex ur talking about but it can happen with all kinds of sex-- it's not neccesarily because you're not ready--
After the first time I experimented with manual sex with my boyfriend, we were awkward around each other for a few days- like we would kiss and then get awkward-- finally we let it out to each other that it was because we liked it and we didn't want to ask each other to do it again if the other didn't like it- so we kept kissing and stopping because we didn't know if we should go farther - so we were waiting for each other to tell how we felt about it...
a lot of people feel awkward, it's true if you're ready and comfortable with the person, it's less likely that you will--- but the best thing to do, be it a friend, or a boyfriend/girlfriend is tell them how you're feeling cuz it makes all the difference.

Posts: 401 | From: USA | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheCitizenErased
Activist
Member # 31269

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheCitizenErased     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for your input.
It helped alot [Smile]

--------------------
Im Always Wishing Too Late ...

Posts: 68 | From: The Blue Planet | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
plain milyeh
Activist
Member # 32511

Icon 1 posted      Profile for plain milyeh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i think it depends a little bit on the context in which the sex occurred. if it was completely unexpected, then there's probably going to be a bit more awkwardness to resolve.

then again, i feel awkward with everyone, always, so i'm a terrible judge of what actually leads to awkwardness.

Posts: 108 | From: caaaaanada. ('cause we've got rocks and trees and trees and rocks...) | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.