Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » Its Been A While [Update On My Situation]

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Its Been A While [Update On My Situation]
TheCitizenErased
Activist
Member # 31269

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheCitizenErased     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey all
Its been quite a while now so i thought that i would come on and let you know what else is new.

Well.
As i told you guys before me and my gf broke up and we decided to be friends but she never talked to me or even acknowledged me.So i took all your advice which i really appreciate.
Now 1 month later i was on msn messenger and she started to talk to me.It was like the old times, she wasnt being nasty like a would have expected her to be but she was nice, exactly like she was when we were going out.
It was very obvious to me that she had moved on.She had a new bf.But it didnt bother me and in fact i was happy for her.
Anyways...
She then said to me that she might be moving away...to london and that she wanted to clear things up with me and tell me how she felt.
She said the reason she never talked to me was that she was scared that she would cheat on her bf with me beacause she still has strong feelings for me and i do for her.She explained that she still liked me but she liked her current bf as well.She said now that she would talk to me more and would hug me, because she doesnt know how long she has till she moves.I was happy at the fact that she still wants to talk to me.She said that she always thought about me and her getting back together and to be honest i did to.I told her about how i felt and she did the same.
She said that i always had a place in her life which made me tear up a little bit because it was then it really hit home that she was moving.
The funny thing was that i began to get on with my life and thought that i didnt need her and now that she has started talking to me etc i feel better and realised how much i liked her [Smile]
But i dont know what to do. She has a bf and shes moving away soon.She still has strong feelings for me and i do too.
My heart says let it go but continue to be friend s but i dont know.

I guess you never know whats round the corner...i never saw her talking to me again...yet now...she does which seemed impossible...

Any help would be hugely apreciated [Cool]

Peace.

--------------------
Im Always Wishing Too Late ...

Posts: 68 | From: The Blue Planet | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheCitizenErased
Activist
Member # 31269

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheCitizenErased     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can Someone Plz Reply
Thanks [Smile]

--------------------

Posts: 68 | From: The Blue Planet | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ASargent42
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 28733

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ASargent42     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok. To start, this girl really broke your heart, didn't she? And now that you are finally getting over her, she starts talking to you again, and giving you hope. However, she has a boyfriend, and will be moving away.

She has a boyfriend, but is openly admiting her feelings for you. Do you want to take the chance that she might do the same thing to another guy, if you were to get back together?

She is moving away. I don't know where you live, so I have no idea how far away she'd actually be from you in London, but do you think you could manage a long distance relationship with someone who has already hurt you once?

I know from experience that it's hard to deal with a break up where you decide to be friends, but one person decides to completely ignore you. Especially if you need closure, and they won't give it to you. But you say you started to move on. Even if she still loves you, she has obviously moved on enough to be with someone else.

I think you both just miss each other, but I wouldn't suggest trying to get back together. She has moved on, regardless of what she has said, and in the end, would probably end up hurting you again. After all, she is, in a sense, emotionally cheating on the boyfriend she has now with you. Do you want to be in his place later down the line?

How long until she moves? Long distance relationships are hard enough for a couple that has been together for years, so for you two attempt it would take a LOT of hard committed work.

Listen to your heart. I know it't hard, but if you have that gut instinct to just stay friends, then thats probably the best. Gut feelings are really great indicatoers of how we should respond to situations, and it sounds like you already have an idea of what you want to do.

Good luck

--------------------
Amanda
Scarleteen Volunteer

Help us out- Donate!

Posts: 1152 | From: New Hampshire | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheCitizenErased
Activist
Member # 31269

Thanks for replying [Smile]
Well atm im just friends with her.
Yes she did break my heart but ill admit I did break hers.We were both to blame for the relationship going to pot [Frown]
She said to me that she thought she had moved on (she told me this recently) but she realised she hadnt and missed me and wanted to be able to talk to me and may at one point get back and now she has told me that she may not be moving which is a relief.
I have known this girl for a long time and im nearly 100 percent sure she wouldnt do what shes doing to her current bf , to me.Shes already told me how bad she feels doing this and to be honest i dont feel too great doing it either but when it comes down to your feelings then its hard not to tell the person how you feel.
To be honest if i were to get back with her then it wouldnt be for at least a year or so, but then again I may not. But at this moment iam thinking about what my reaction would be if she was to ask me back out and to be honest i dont know [Frown] [Confused]
But ill admit this iam very confused, because of the fact that she said to me she doesnt really like her bf anymore and shes stating these feelings for me and she hasnt dumped him, not that i would like to see them break up [Frown]
It is becoming annoying but i plan to ask her face to face what she thinks best and what she wants then well take it from there [Smile]
Plz reply
Thanks for your advice [Smile] Its helped tremendously!

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.