Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » Potential problem

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Potential problem
anotherone
Neophyte
Member # 35692

Icon 1 posted      Profile for anotherone     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a 'slight' (open for interpretation) dilemma here, so I'll just be frank: When it comes to females, there are a few barricades I run into. For whatever reason, in my mind, I do not like the thought of 'dating' or 'going out' with a girl. Maybe it's because I'm so anti-social, but even if it's a girl who is coming onto me (rare), I find the thought unappealing. I simply do not like the idea of spending so much time with, and 'confiding' in someone like that, I prefer the route of 'friends', casual conversation, hanging out and the like, with certain...added benefits..*ahem*. However, be it the way I was raised or whatever, I don't easily interpret the ladies as 'friends'. It is either, (to some degree)sexually involved, or strangers. There isn't much grey area there, I really can't bring myself to talk to women I find attractive. However; if by some miracle I manage to gain courtship with a girl, I just really don't like the idea. Maybe I'm too apathetic? Or...having only been in two relationships, maybe I'm just unexperienced? Also, I think part of the reason may be, because, when 'dating' you're expected to contribute and the like, and I'm just so afraid of myself, and looking stupid (I have teh anxietyz) that subconsciously, I can't bare myself to move forward. I know this seems random, but these are scattered thoughts, self reflections I'm having in a matter of minutes, and trying to jot it all down. Sorry for the rant, but can anyone provide me with adequate insight to sate my curiosity? Thanks in advance!

[ 11-05-2007, 10:02 PM: Message edited by: anotherone ]

Posts: 6 | From: USA | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anotherone
Neophyte
Member # 35692

Icon 1 posted      Profile for anotherone     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Follow up here; what I'm asking, since I didn't really say, is what is 'wrong' with me, per say? I am most assuredly heterosexual, but can't seem to bring myself to actually be with someone. Deep down I actually do like the idea of being with someone with a 'deep connection', but I don't really like confiding in anyone, and then having that information just tossed about freely once it's over with. Again, it probably seems like I'm contradictory to myself, but try to bare with me.
Posts: 6 | From: USA | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.