Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » I Don't Know How To Vent...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I Don't Know How To Vent...
Emily 249
Neophyte
Member # 28956

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Emily 249     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So here's the million dollar question: how do you deal with people that you genuinely hate?

There is a team mate that I have to interact with on a daily basis whom I would honestly have no problem running over with a train. The reason for this was posted ages ago on a thread in the Support Groups section, so curious minds can poke around there if you want to know specifics. The long and short of it is that there was a bad situation involving her taking advantage of a friend. She is not aware that I know about this, and I have no desire to cause drama. Team drama is messy, period. This girl is bouncy, adorable, and universally acknowledged as the team pet. Everyone loves her. I have been good about being pleasant to her so far, but I don't know how much longer I can keep it up. Things are too fresh for me right now to let what happened go.

It's just a bunch of small things that are adding up to raise my annoyance level. Since we both know the person she took advantage of, she treats me as though we should be best friends. She came to me looking for sympathy after telling her rendition of aforementioned Bad Situation. She addresses me by my shortened nickname reserved for family and significant others. I can't even avoid her outside of practice since she lives across the street.

I've been involved in this sport (fencing) for three years and don't intend on giving up a varsity position because of some tension. I just really need advice on how to vent some of my frustration before I explode. I've been bottling 98% of it and was hoping someone here could suggest an outlet or something healtheir than letting it fester.

Posts: 39 | From: United States | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe this isn't the best way of doing things, but I **HATED** one of the girls on my tennis team when I was in high school. She was one of those people who was just dumb as a box of hammers, but thought she was all that and several bags of chips.

I just made sure I played extra hard, took extra fierce shots at her, and drove her into the ground when she'd challenge my position on the ladder (I was the #1 singles player on my team, and I was trying to earn a seed in the league).

She also played in the marching band with me, in my section. I outplayed her in a chair challenge on drums, even though I was a keyboard/mallet player (and she had been drumming since 6th grade).

Okay, looks like I made a hobby out of humiliating her. But it's true story, I did everything in the bounds of the law and school rules, and I asserted myself over her when she'd try to usurp me. And I never plainly told her I couldn't stand her presence. I simply acted passive-aggressively.

--------------------
LA County STD Hotline 1.800.758.0880
Toll free STD and clinic information, and condoms sent to your door for Los Angeles County residents.
1 in 3 sexually active people will be exposed to a STD by the time they turn 24.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Emily 249
Neophyte
Member # 28956

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Emily 249     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would love to go for that angle, but we use different weapons, meaning I won't be given a chance to accidentally cause a fencing wound during a bout unless she decides she's bored and wants to experiment. Trust me, I've thought of that one.

Wow, do I sound taciturn and vicious.

[ 11-06-2007, 11:55 AM: Message edited by: Emily 249 ]

Posts: 39 | From: United States | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.