Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » Sexual Exploration

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Sexual Exploration
TBlack
Neophyte
Member # 35171

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TBlack     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi. So here's the story. When i met my boyfriend I thought he was the most innocent guy. He was sexually inexperienced and I held the reigns, so to speak, in the bedroom. Then after a few months he wanted me to get a little rough and to start experimenting. It took me by surprise, but I took to it like a fish to water. I frequent this website called [EDITED - see below] and it has an article about S&M. Now im interested...not crazy about it, but i want to test the waters. It seems like a big jump and I dont want to put him off by suggesting it, so from a woman to a man, how do I approach asking this question? Should I just show up with the gear and a big grin and if hes not interested say 'just read this article'? I mean it was a good article, but what should i do?

[I edited the website out because it has an 18+ age restriction. Please keep in mind that this site is intended for young adults, including legal minors, when providing links. -Jill]

[ 09-08-2007, 11:09 PM: Message edited by: -Jill ]

Posts: 1 | From: Washington, DC | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ErinK
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1371

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ErinK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Why don't you try sending him a link to the article in an IM or an email and saying "what do you think about this?"

Because I'd hope that any article about S&M would point out that communication before, during, and after is one of the most important things to do. [Smile]

You might also want to check out our article: Working the Kinks Out.

Posts: 3077 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.