Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » teenage love please help

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: teenage love please help
teddie2110
Neophyte
Member # 34112

Icon 1 posted      Profile for teddie2110     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ok i met this girl when i was 15 in hawaii but she was 12. she came on to me! she lives in a different state than me tho. So here i am a year later (16 and 13) and we have been talking for about a year maybe little more and we really like each other. our parents have no clue and some how we manage to talk every night for around 2 hours we really miss each other, shes very mature, and i duno what to do. is there anyway that this teenage love story can have a happy ending? help me please!
Posts: 1 | From: carboard box | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
faifai
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 17971

Icon 1 posted      Profile for faifai     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, you're long-distance and there is also a fairly big gap in age and experience. How did you two meet? For how long did you get to know each other in person?

Personally, I have a hard time getting to know someone enough to say that I "love" them if we haven't seen each other in person very much. Also, getting to know someone over the Internet is very different from being in the same room and feeling how compatible you are in that situation. Some people come across very, very differently in text, and you may be surprised at how it contrasts with how they are in person.

It's ok to have feelings for someone, but in a practical sense I don't know how committed you are to having a relationship with someone you've only seen once in a year who lives in a different state. At your age, it'd be wise to go with the flow, and not let your expectations (of what love and dating "should" be like) limit how you approach dating.

--------------------
disconnect and let me drift/until my upside down is right side *in*

Posts: 640 | From: The Valley of the Sun, AZ, USA | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.