Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » Break up

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Break up
TheFlash
Activist
Member # 33089

Icon 9 posted      Profile for TheFlash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi,

Just wanted to vent. I was chatting online with my gf and she started getting phone calls from her old bf. She was saying she wasn't going to answer the phone, but he kept calling. She wasn't answering the calls and then he left a message that he was going to come over to talk with her. She was upset and got offline with me. Next thing I know I got an email the next day she was going to give him another chance and was breaking up with me. A bunch of stuff about how I was great and treated her well, but she wanted to give him another chance and didn't want to talk with me. I didn't do anything wrong, but that didn't seem to help. She must have been interested in me so I'm not sure where things went wrong that she would prefer a guy that treated her badly (we both agree on this point) over me. I guess I'm a bit confused and hurt. I can't even be angry with her because I still like her. It just feels like one day she was there, the next not. Anyway, I'm not expecting any answers, but thought it would help to vent a bit.

--------------------
Justice League Member

Posts: 98 | From: Seattle | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
faifai
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 17971

Icon 1 posted      Profile for faifai     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry we didn't respond sooner.

Your breakup does seem a bit sudden, but your girlfriend made her choice. It does seem to be an unhealthy one, but the most caring thing you can do right now is let her go.

It's perfectly normal and ok to be hurt and confused by how things ended between you two. I would suggest doing whatever you feel will help you vent those feelings, and take some time for yourself. Immerse yourself in things you enjoy doing, and try to let your emotions heal a bit before you pursue anyone else.

--------------------
disconnect and let me drift/until my upside down is right side *in*

Posts: 640 | From: The Valley of the Sun, AZ, USA | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.