Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » My teacher caught

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: My teacher caught
babygurl2285
Neophyte
Member # 33572

Icon 1 posted      Profile for babygurl2285     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My boyfriend and i were making out at the movies and one of my teachers was there and saw us. He could tell Lontrell is quiet a bit older than me and is now threatening to tell my dad who he has become good friends with over the last 3 years. if my dad finds out i'll be in a ton of trouble because i told him i was going with my friend and have been hiding the fact that i'm going out with him. what should i do?
Posts: 27 | From: Tennessee, USA | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Lauren-
Activist
Member # 25983

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Lauren-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, you can't really do much. It's kind of weird of your teacher to care so much out of a school setting, but I'd suspect that has more to do with being friends with your dad.

But you know, you chose this, and you have to face the consequences. This is a prime example of how your boyfriend can get reported even if you don't tell anyone, btw. You may choose to lessen the blow by talking to your parents yourself before your teacher gets the chance.

Posts: 4636 | From: USA/Northern Europe | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
babygurl2285
Neophyte
Member # 33572

Icon 1 posted      Profile for babygurl2285     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The teacher said he cares because my bf is "too old" for me. so is him just kissing me against tha law?

--------------------
.:~!str8 up pimped babigurl!~:.

Posts: 27 | From: Tennessee, USA | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Talented_Tongue
Neophyte
Member # 33642

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Talented_Tongue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Whether it's against the law or not depends on your age. If you're 18+ than anything is legal.Beyond that I'm not quite sure what the law says. I think as long as you don't have sex than age doesn't matter. Obviously if you're under age and he isn't than he can go to jail for statutory rape. But as long as making out goes, I don't think there's any legal recourse. The only punishment either of you will have to worry about is that of your parents and sometimes that's worse than jail...

--------------------
If you're against Oral Sex than quite simply keep your mouth shut!

Posts: 23 | From: Virginia | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Lauren-
Activist
Member # 25983

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Lauren-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You know what, though? Being caught is actually a pretty rare occurance with AoC violations. Your teacher would have to do nothing but call the police and say he had good reason to suspect an adult having a sexual relationship with his 14-year-old student, and they'd likely prosecute him without question. That's simply the way the legal system works, as much as it sucks.

But yes, heavy kissing/petting/making out can be classified as a sexual activity, and police have been known to treat it as such when they see it, if all the public lewdness violations between adults are any indication.

Posts: 4636 | From: USA/Northern Europe | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
babygurl2285
Neophyte
Member # 33572

So basically i mite as well break up wit him or he ends up in trouble wit the law.

--------------------
.:~!str8 up pimped babigurl!~:.

-Lauren-
Activist
Member # 25983

With all the racial taboos you've mentioned along with this? It might be the best idea for both of you. As I believe was mentioned before in one of your posts, if your area is really prejudiced, he may get a heavier court sentence than other offenders.

If you choose to go on, you have to be prepared for situations just like this and worse. You have to ask yourself which choice has the better outcome based on the possibilities, and go from there.

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.