Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » help plz!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: help plz!
TheCitizenErased
Activist
Member # 31269

Icon 8 posted      Profile for TheCitizenErased     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Me and my gf have been going out for almost 6 months now but recently ive been questioning myself, if i was going "off" her or not.It had been eating away at me for a few days and eventually i told her.She was very very upset and asked if i was breaking up with her and i sed no and that i love her and want to be with her.So the next day she acted strange and i could see it but i kep my mouth closed because i didnt want to start an argument.Anyway later that night she came out (she was drunk) and we walked about and she told me that she thought i didnt love her and maybe that i thought i did.She again got very upset and i assured her that i did love her.
So everything was going good again until i started to question if i acctually love her.I understand that everyone has different definitions for love.I began to become unsure and it was killing me inside but when i acctually sat down and thought about it and when im with her i just know that i do...but the problem is i keep questioning it [Confused] can somebody plz help!

--------------------
Im Always Wishing Too Late ...

Posts: 68 | From: The Blue Planet | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jhawked451
Neophyte
Member # 29149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jhawked451     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, to be honest I was just there a few months ago. My girlfriend and I had been getting into some huge fights and I was quesioning if i did love her. I realized that I did, but then it just didn't feel right. Maybe you just need to step back and stop analyzing. When you are unsure, it is usually leads to asking tons of questions that shouldn't be asked if yuo really do love her. I hope that helps.

--------------------
Apollo: No I wll never fail you through to the end your guardian standing by your side or worlds away. - From The Eumenides

Posts: 10 | From: Pleasanton CA | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheCitizenErased
Activist
Member # 31269

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheCitizenErased     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I honestly cant thank you enough.It really helps.Thanks [Wink]

--------------------
Im Always Wishing Too Late ...

Posts: 68 | From: The Blue Planet | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ghostie
Activist
Member # 28874

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ghostie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's good that you were honest with her, even though it upset her. [Smile]
You say you've been together six months. Often, the "honeymoon period" of relationships where everything seems wonderful wears off, and things become normal and you have gotten to know a person. Things feel less exciting like new relationships do.
It's certainly a common aspect of many relationships.
Step back and think about everything in your relationship, all the good and the bad etc.
It's not essential to have love in a relationship at all [Smile]
I myself have been together with my boyfriend over a year and we haven't spoken of love.

Posts: 165 | From: England. | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.