Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » a boy

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: a boy
allygirl14
Neophyte
Member # 32569

Icon 1 posted      Profile for allygirl14     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ok there is this boy i've know over 6-9 years and i really like him but dont want to ruin our friendship what do i doo ? [Confused] [Frown]

--------------------
we do what we do!!

Posts: 9 | From: marion ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ghostie
Activist
Member # 28874

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ghostie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have you any indication of if he likes you back, or more importantly would he be likely to be awkward if you told him how you feel?
How close to this boy are you?

Posts: 165 | From: England. | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
marie45
Neophyte
Member # 32565

Icon 1 posted      Profile for marie45     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think that the only way to actually know if this boy likes you is to straight tell him how you feel. That is the only thing that has ever worked for me and now i am with someone i really care about. And if your not ready to do that just see how he acts around you the next couple of days, see if he finds ways to sit by you or touch you.

--------------------
Brittany

Posts: 20 | From: USA | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
muisy
Activist
Member # 31745

Icon 1 posted      Profile for muisy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Think about your friendship first, like is it a real friendship relationship, or do you hang out when other people hang out? Not that I'm trying to imply your not friends, I'm just saying, if you guys are like actual friends then it might be easier brought up casually. Maybe hint to him about both of you, you can try flirting to see how he reacts, or ask him if he likes anyone. Or you can be straight up, tell him you've been thinking about him more than just friends, and see what he thinks. It could be hard if he doesn't like you that way back, because then it could be awkward trying to be friends, but maybe not. College soon right? Go ahead, tell him!
Posts: 40 | From: US | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.