Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » Cast Mate

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Cast Mate
bellaitaliana69
Activist
Member # 29887

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bellaitaliana69     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Right now I'm in a play in which I am a prostitue who seduces and steals money from this one guy. It's a really fun role, but here's the problem. .
The guy who plays the guy whom I seduce, etc. is MAJOR heartthrob at my school. Yes, he is very very good looking and very very arrogant. He even has his own CD out, and a fan club. It's a bit ridiculous really. Anyway, I've been in shows with him before, but for some reason, we've just never really gotten along very well. Now that we have a, well, intimate scene together, I'd feel better about it, and certainly more in-character if we got along better/were friends in real life. Rehearsing that particular scene is usually extreamly awkward, and I want it to be less so. So basically, how can I befriend this guy without making it seem like I'm making a move on him (he's been in a very comitted relationship for over two year) or like I'm one of his fan club groupies?

--------------------
"Only fear the things which have the power to harm" --Dante Aligheri, "Inferno" canto 2

A miracle is not the suspension of natural law, but the operation of a higher law.

Posts: 136 | From: Roma, Italy | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How about telling him just what you told us? Try something like "I know we've never really gotten along terribly well, but now that we're acting together and have such an important scene together, I'd like if we could try to become friends so we can work better when we're on stage together. How about we grap some coffee and get to know each other a little better?"

If he's as interested in acting and as serious about it, he'll understand that it's not a come-on. It absolutely makes sense to want to be comfortable with your 'co-stars'. I always tried to spend more time with the people I was directly interacting with on stage, just because it really does make it easier (and much more fun!).

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bellaitaliana69
Activist
Member # 29887

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bellaitaliana69     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I suppose I could try that. The only problem is, I get really shy around people like that who are really popular.

--------------------
"Only fear the things which have the power to harm" --Dante Aligheri, "Inferno" canto 2

A miracle is not the suspension of natural law, but the operation of a higher law.

Posts: 136 | From: Roma, Italy | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.