Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » relationship nerves

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: relationship nerves
The Laughing Man
Neophyte
Member # 32474

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Laughing Man     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
about 2 months ago me and a close friend of mine and me became better friends and we started going out. The problem is that i've NEVER had any kind of this relationship in my life, and i can only go on what i've seen of all my other friends having closer relationships with girls. Of course these guys are treating them like another fling, so im trying to be myself and just act normal around her like i did before we got together. On msn we can talk for hrs about anything, yet at school i find myself blushing every time she comes over to talk to me. She's fine with it and understands that i'm nervous about it all, but i feel that my severe nerves around her might be the end of something that could be really good. We like each other a lot, and have a lot of fun together, but i still can't say all of the things that i'd like to. I need a way to calm my nerves and find a way to be myself around her. Please HELP!
Posts: 1 | From: Australia | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beppie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 94

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beppie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Laughing Man, have you told her what you've just told us? If you find it easier to chat to her on msn, perhaps you could try there.

It sounds like she's a pretty understanding partner, and who knows, maybe she has some fears herself-- and maybe you could talk about that together. Don't forget that it's okay to move at your own pace, so long as you are open and honest with your partner about your needs and your feelings. What other people do may not be relevant to your situation-- just work this out for yourselves, between the two of you-- and give yourselves the time that you need to do that.

Posts: 2710 | From: Australia | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.