Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » Is this normal.... at all?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Is this normal.... at all?
borat
Neophyte
Member # 30811

Icon 1 posted      Profile for borat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry I don't know if this is the right forum really. Anyway, I don't know what my problem is but I just get nervous around girls for some reason. Like sometimes it seems like I'm too nervous to even make eye contact. Usually it's only girls I think are attractive. This seems wierd to me. I do things that take a hell of a lot of confidence, but for some reason I seem to get nervous about this, and I don't get it. I think I'm pretty decent looking (yeah ok aside from the mild acne haha). Any way to get over it really? Probably one of my problems is I don't get too much social contact.
Well anyway I just wanted to know how normal this is lol. It's kind of annoying. Thanks.

Posts: 18 | From: kazakhstan....ok not really. | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Faith54
Activist
Member # 27855

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Faith54     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is perfectly normal. I used to be really shy as well. Forcing yourself to make eye contact will work wonders. Once you've started making eye contact in your conversations, you'll be able to relax more, and not think so much about what to say. Trust me, eye contact does a lot. [Smile]

--------------------
"My grandmother never gave gifts- she was too busy being raped by cossacks." ~ Woody Allen

Posts: 107 | From: United States | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PaigeyWaigey
Neophyte
Member # 30858

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PaigeyWaigey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am this way as well around some guys..

--------------------
.::Spare me just three last words
"I love you" is all she heard::
"I'll wait for you, but I can't wait forever"::.

Posts: 7 | From: Maryland, USA | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FightMusic
Neophyte
Member # 30530

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FightMusic         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"it seems like I'm too nervous to even make eye contact. Usually it's only girls I think are attractive" THATS ME

and i only get nervous around guys when im about to fight them

which is why i think girls are the same way to me [Eek!]

In school, dont feel akward, just lay back a little bit and relax

--------------------
-A battle rages on the field, yet another conflict rages inside the minds of the combatents, that is where the battle is won, in the confidence of the warriors

Posts: 11 | From: US of A | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
borat
Neophyte
Member # 30811

Icon 1 posted      Profile for borat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the replies.
Posts: 18 | From: kazakhstan....ok not really. | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shooting For The Stars X
Neophyte
Member # 30871

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shooting For The Stars X     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Im the exact same borat, dont worry.
Posts: 15 | From: Suffolk Virginia | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Galvantqui
Neophyte
Member # 30903

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Galvantqui     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Begin communicating with one girl: your neighbor or smb. Just talk with them and you'll see that everything is alright. Don't think about it too much. It's important not to try to talk with "not your" people. Talk only with girls which you like (I don't speak about love). And when you are to speak with smb you don't like just imagine that there is a wall beside you. Keep it easy.
Posts: 5 | From: USA | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.