Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » younger guys?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: younger guys?
jillybilly
Neophyte
Member # 19523

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jillybilly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So heres the thing
i'm SO used to dating older guys
like i've never really had a bf that is less then 2 years older than me, and most of my friends are 20+ years old, (i'm 17-18 in feb)
i just find older people easier and more intelligent to talk to and less childish. i've recently been spending quite a bit of time with this guy whos a year below me in school, (grade 11, i'm grade 12)
he's really nice, cute, and SMART. he can actually hold quite an intelligent conversation sometimes more then my older friends. we think alike and we have alot of the same interests and i'm starting to develop a thing for him.
the thing is, i can't get out of my comfort zone of older guys. i have this rep that i only date older guys and i think this guy knows about that. he's also a tad flirtatious with other girls and i dont want to seem like an idiot getting shot down by a younger man. but today he walked in with this girl who his friend was trying to set him up with and he came and sat by me and put his arm around me and stuff and was all cuddly (but not in a way to make someone else jealous, but in an actual, sweet, protective i like you kinda way)
i'm kind of confused on what i should do, if i should just let it take its own course and see what happens (maybe he doesn't feel what i feel between us?) or should i make a move and risk it?
suggestions? i'm just so nervous about my comfort zone of older guys

Posts: 31 | From: White Rock, BC, Canada | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leni
Activist
Member # 9536

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leni     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, I might not be the best person to say this, and it might sound mean, but... get down from the clouds! When it comes to relationships, I think the phrase "I have a rep" is the last one that should show up. You either care about someone or you don't.

You've always dated other guys, you said yourself you've done that because you feel comfortable around them, because they can have decent conversations, because they are smart. Now you've found someone who is actually younger who can do that too. So if really you consider guys for their intelligence, then his age shouldn't be a problem.

If you care about this guy, it doesn't matter if he's younger

My intention is not to insult you, I hope I haven't. It's just that my sister had serious problems at school because of the whole "reputation" thing. I don't want that to happen to someone else.

Hope you can sort it out

Love,
Leni

------------------
dive into shine, even a deep darkness changes into shine, because i am believing the moment

Posts: 114 | From: El Salvador, but living in London :) | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kitty_cuddles
Neophyte
Member # 27104

Icon 7 posted      Profile for kitty_cuddles     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This guy that you're talking about seems to have good qualities. Maturity isn't always measured by age and some people mature earlier than others it's different for everyone. My boyfriend is a year younger than me and I was attracted to older guys before too.
I agree with Leni. Please don't let
your reputation come between you and someone you could have a possible relationship with. I'm sorry if I in any way sound like I'm insulting you by saying that.

If you really care about this person and think there's a possibility of a relationship with them sit down and think about it.
Does age really matter when you really like someone?
Personally I don't think it does, but that's a choice you have to make yourself.

Posts: 8 | From: Australia | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.