Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » Breaking Up

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Breaking Up
michelle0914
Neophyte
Member # 26397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for michelle0914     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i really care about my bf but he acts as if he dont feel the same way. When were in class he dont say nothing 2 me , he acts as if im not there. He will talk to his friends and everything as if im not there. So this happended yeaterday and i was mad about that plus i got mad when we were on the phone and once we got 2 school he didnt say nothing 2 me that whole day. At about 12 o clock at night he called me like everything was going great and like nothing happened. And he has a sister named Dede and i guess im kind of jelous because i want a realtionship like her and her bf. Because my bf acts like he rather be with them more then me. She evens tells me that he is always hanging around her and her bf. I guess i just feel left out. She told me that he hasent gave his heart to a girl and that he has never got his heart broken. And that i have to teach him and have patience. But thats not my job i shouldent have to teach him to care and be there. I really want to be with him but i dont know if i should break up with him or not. His siter was also telling me that he thinks i dont care about him or something. She said dont break up with him , she was like cuz if yall do he go miss you and you go miss him. And i know if i break up with him it's not going to be the same, I dont want to give him up but i just dont know what to do.

[This message has been edited by michelle0914 (edited 12-06-2005).]

Posts: 12 | From: dallas TX U.S | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You're right: it's not your job to teach a boyfriend or partner to be considerate and caring. You're not his mother, after all. What his sister said to you was unfair and equally inconsiderate (and chock full of soap-opera drama, to boot).

Moreover, doll, in the grand scheme of things, you're a baby. I don't mean that in a patronizing way: rather, at this point in your life, and when you're just dating someone, in your first relationships, things shouldn't be a huge struggle. You want to deal with struggles years from now in a relationship you and your partner have invested in for years, that's sound and sensible. But this early in the game in your life and dating life? In just dating for two short months? Nuh-uh.

Dating is supposed to be a sort of trial period, where people feel each other out to SEE if theymight make a happy, healthy and harmonious partnership as times goes on.

...and the signs aren't pointing there.

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
michelle0914
Neophyte
Member # 26397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for michelle0914     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok but even at my age now im going to have struggles because i do now, lots of them. But are you saying im a baby as in im acting like one about the siuation or that im still young? Even though dating is like a trial you can still get feelings for some one even if it's just been 2 months. Because when your with soemone one you get to know them and you can start caring about them or even falling in love with them. Now i know i dont love him yet but i do care about him enough to at least try to make it work before making a mistake and not being able to fix my mistake and end up regreting it. i can still rember the first day we met and our first kiss with one another and i rember how i felt and maybe i dont know if i want to let that feeling go or keep it.

------------------
Michelle

Posts: 12 | From: dallas TX U.S | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.