Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » need help

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: need help
pri_pri
Neophyte
Member # 26310

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pri_pri     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
my boyfriend and i have broken up for about 2 months now and i cant get over him.. i tried and tried and i have given myself time to heal but i still havent. i am not in a relationship right now because i cant stop think about him everything i do i think about him. it is like we have some sort of connection.....my best friend told me that maybe its because he's the first person i ever had sex with or actually did anything with with ... maybe that's it i dont know..... he now.. has a girlfriend and they are always together when i see them and it makes me feel a sort of way inside.. he looks at me and i look at him but we dont say a word to each other.. i dont know why i am still hooked on him... i need HELP!!!
Posts: 11 | From: Barbados | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LoSt4NoW
Neophyte
Member # 16249

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LoSt4NoW     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I know how you feel I have been in that situation. But eventually you will have to move on and be happy. The best way to get him off your mind is to keep yourself busy. Hang out with friends, hang out with boys(that will really take your mind of of it). Just have fun. Dont worry so much and dont be so hard on yourself, it will only make things harder on you. Be happy.
Hope this helps. Good Luck~

Posts: 35 | From: Decatur,IL,USA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Two months may feel like a long time, but it really isn't.

And if you'd jumped into another relationship before now, that'd probably have been too soon regardless: casual dating, sure. But one needs some time to process after a breakup before starting something new and serious.

Getting over any sort of first-anything or anyone always takes some time. Be patient. Hang out with friends, pursue your goals and hobbies.

If nne of that helps, sometimes it is helpful to get a little resolution, so you could always ask your ex if you two can have coffee soon and just say anything left over you need to say, let him know he was important to you, et cetera. Sometimes tying up loose ends like that can make a difference.

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rhasheda
Neophyte
Member # 26371

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rhasheda     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I think I know what you mean. I like this boy named Alec and he dated my friend Taryn. They broke up only four weeks ago. I've liked him for over a year now, but I haven't really said anything. My friends nd his friends know that I like him but they have different point of views. They think me and him date now, but we don't. We're just close friends. Tell me more about your story.

------------------
Rhasheda Patterson

Posts: 2 | From: Decatur, Georgia United States | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pri_pri
Neophyte
Member # 26310

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pri_pri     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
well me and this boy have been together for 10 months.. 10 really good months despite the ups and down. but i really loved him. it actually felt like he was a part of me he was my other half and now he gone a whole side of me feel so lonely and helpless.when we broke up i cried my heart out.. i just couldnt believe that it was actually over.. i didnt have anyone to talk to so i kept every bundled up inside and i never even got to tell him how i really felt about him.. i was really torn apart...what ever i did or say went right back to him meaning i couldnt do anything with out him in my mind.. i thought about all the times we were together what we did together everything just came in mind and it about 2 or so moths that we have been broken up and i still have these feeling deep down in me.. although he has a girlfriend i still have these feelings and i dont know why they just wont go away..i have had opportunities to get into another relationship but i cant because no matter what i do these feelings just go back to him.i would really like to get back with him but i dont think i ave enough courage to do that and besides he may reject me

........sorry it being so long..........

Posts: 11 | From: Barbados | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.