Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » Self Issues

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Self Issues
watermongoose15
Activist
Member # 23441

Icon 1 posted      Profile for watermongoose15     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Right now im dating a friend of mine right now and here's my situation, even though i kno she loves me and cares for me because of my previous relationships (where my gfs did not like me at all they just dated me because i liked them and they dumped me within a week) i feel like i just cant trust her (not because its her just i cant trust) like i feel that i dont believe it that sometimes i feel like she doesnt like me that much
wat do i do?

------------------
Give Peace A Chance
-John Lennon
War is Over if you want it
-John Lennon
Make Love not War
-John Lennon

Posts: 60 | From: Bonita, California, United States | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DarkChild717
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DarkChild717     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Trust takes time. It has to grow. It can't happen overnight. Give it time. While caution is good, overcaution can prevent you from enjoying your relationship.

------------------
Treat with respect the power you have to form an opinion--Marcus Aurelius

Posts: 2789 | From: The Evergreen State | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
watermongoose15
Activist
Member # 23441

Icon 1 posted      Profile for watermongoose15     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
so this is more of a trust issue than a personal issue in ur opinion Dark CHild?
Posts: 60 | From: Bonita, California, United States | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
watermongoose15
Activist
Member # 23441

I mean i kno i make it seem that way in my 1st post but the way i mean it is that its not cause i dont trust HER i just dont feel safe being more open and "welcoming" because of my previous experiences
DarkChild717
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DarkChild717     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think it's a bit of both. I was devestated when my first boyfriend broke up with me, and I was livid to find out he was a habitual liar. That relationship ended October of 2000. I didn't date again til December of 2001. It still took me three months to completely trust my new parter. Part of that was letting myself heal from the previous relationship. But part of it was my being cautious, and preventing another broken heart.

My gamble was lucky. I'm still with that man I began dating in 2001. I trust him completely.

Part of this is learning to trust yourself, and your heart. The other is allowing a friendship and a relationship to grow.

------------------
Treat with respect the power you have to form an opinion--Marcus Aurelius

Posts: 2789 | From: The Evergreen State | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StrawberrySafeSex
Activist
Member # 26300

Icon 1 posted      Profile for StrawberrySafeSex     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree as well, it does take time to built trust within a relationship, regardless of past relationship conflicts it's hard enough to open up to someone. It is putting your heart on the line and unsurity of what may come in the future, but keep in mind that there is no way to no what will happen. If you do decide to take the plunge and put your trust and faith in this person,(who you have clearly indicated is good and does care about you a great deal) you could break up, get hurt, or hurt her, OR you could have the most meaningful relationship of a lifetime, and have all your wishes of being truly intimate and in love with someone come true.

Consider it!
Strawberry

Posts: 59 | From: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.