Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » lost SoUL =/

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: lost SoUL =/
blue_angel
Neophyte
Member # 26225

Icon 1 posted      Profile for blue_angel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi guys..im a lost soul really..and the fact i have purposely isolated myself from any friends makes me carry all my burdens on myself..this site is a blessing. really..i need to know where do i go from here...

im 19 and my bf is 18 n a half...we have been together for 3 years now and i love him to death...the problem is that we have a religious difference ( im indian and hes muslim)..so the thing is that we arent allowed to date and stuff anyways..but c mon right..now my mom knows about my relationship and is okay with it but neither my dad or his parents openly know about it ( they know we are friends ..and arent that happy about it either)..now after being with him for this long i question him about the abvious..where are we heading now .and he never gives a straight answer its always something wierd like...if were meant to be then we will be or ..why do you have to bring this up..i know that he loves me..hes great otherwise but just the fact that there is a slight possibility we wont be together in the future breaks me into a million pieces..we have had our share of fights and i cant stay without speaking to him for more than a day..so the simple thought of us not together scares the crap outta me...i DONT have the courage to tell my father as hes under a lot of stress anyway...i wanna know if im too young at this age to be feeling this intensly about someone..hes the same way actually..but then doesnt this hiding and sneaking make this relation ship unhealthy in a way?? or i should wait a nother few years so we can be taken seriously when we do tell his parents??

Posts: 7 | From: i Live in A piNeapple under the seA | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blue_angel
Neophyte
Member # 26225

Icon 1 posted      Profile for blue_angel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i guess no one cares.
Posts: 7 | From: i Live in A piNeapple under the seA | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DarkChild717
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DarkChild717     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Blue_angel, it's not that no one cares. You have to give it time, here. Perhaps no one knows what to say.

It's possible to feel intense attachment. It's also possible not to. Love is not a stable thing, and it cannot be defined.

You're in the US. You're 18. You didn't mention this at all, but you can move out of the house, and thus temporarily solve the issue about dating. If you are in your parent's house, you must abide by their rules. If not, well--you can make your own rules in reason.

------------------
Treat with respect the power you have to form an opinion--Marcus Aurelius

Posts: 2789 | From: The Evergreen State | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.