Donate Now
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » Best Mate

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Best Mate
His_Lil_Angel
Activist
Member # 24041

Icon 1 posted      Profile for His_Lil_Angel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok i have a best mate (alice) we go back about 3years and have argued and fell out many times.
She has this thing where if im telling her something about what a boy did or if someone payed me attention, and i liked that boy or person she would always have to match up to it and say 'o he did that to me as well' or 'he says he fancies me' or somthing likethat. it really annoys me sometimes. she is one of the girls thatis really pretty and is friends with everyone in my year and other years.
she also has problems with my bfs. like my ex she went o i dont like him. you can do better and stuf like that. with my bf atm, he did somthing that reakky upset me and she was saying you should dump him and what not. the other day i asked her if she thought we would last and she said 'nah you wont' n stuff n den startd goin on about her on bf sayn how her sister said they would last a long time. i dnot kno what to do. i cant talk to her about it she'll tell me to stop being stupid.
only today i told her that my bf askd me to 'go down on him' and she goes that means he doesnt respect you .. is it true ? any help appreciated thanx

Posts: 52 | From: UK | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You need to stop basing your opinion of your boyfriend on what other people say about him. How do YOU feel about him? Do YOU want this relationship to work?

Having a partner ask you to 'go down on him' does not mean he doesn't respect you. Many couples engage in oral sex, and both partners are respected and everyones happy. Do you feel respected? What does being respected in a relationship mean to you? Have you discussed this with your partner?

It sounds like you need to stop telling your friend the intimate details of your relationship with your BF ... at least until you decide what YOU think about it and how you'd like to handle it.

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spashott
Neophyte
Member # 26230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spashott     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree with what lilbluesmuf said, don't tell your friend the intimate details.
she is entiltled to her opinoin but take care when taking advice from others they may not be entirly sure what they are talkng about. Also remember to ask questions like that, to people who you think will give you an answer not based on thier own (or in her case sisters) personal experiences but what they think based on your relationship (don't get me wrong i'm not saying she wrong and i'm not saying she's right. it is just a word of advice.)

Posts: 13 | From: mississauga,ontario,canada | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.