Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » is it really wrong?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: is it really wrong?
richardhawks112
Neophyte
Member # 26099

Icon 1 posted      Profile for richardhawks112     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hello, my name is richard. I am 16 years old, this year, i met a girl, at first i wasnt really attracted to her, but after i hung out with her i started to realize that i got along with her personality really well, and that her physical features she had just...were perfect, i absolutly love her, i know that im just a teenager, and that my parents are saying you cant fall in love and things like that, but i know i love her. The problem people seem to have is that she is 14. I have no problem about it, and i really dont care what other people think. But i try to balance out believing in myself with listening to advice of others...is it really wrong to absolutly love her..i mean we are both in high school, but its like..i dont know, i just need advice...
Posts: 11 | From: salem, OR, USA | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DarkChild717
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DarkChild717     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
First and foremost, the age of consent in Oregon is 18. If you do date her, you need to remember that she is really sexually off limits to you until both of you are over that age limit. Otherwise, you could end up in a whole lot of trouble. Like, convicted with statutory rape and having to register as a sex-offender trouble.

Can love happen? Yeah. Sure. It can. Is it wrong? Not necessarily. But you are quite young. You both have a lot of growing up to do. You also have a lot of time to decide. I'm 20 and still growing and changing. As a glimmer of hope, though, I started dating my boyfriend when I was 16 and he was 19.

Also, have her parents placed a limit on when she can date? If they have, what is it? That might also make a difference in whether or not you date, seeing as it's never any good to lie to one's parents.

Posts: 2789 | From: The Evergreen State | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
richardhawks112
Neophyte
Member # 26099

Icon 1 posted      Profile for richardhawks112     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
alright thank you for the info, and no, they haven't placed any restrictions on me, they know i absolutly love her, and i do care about her, yeah, i've gotten several talks about having the rest of my life. I understand them, but its..i dont know, thank you for the hope and advice. Oh hey i know this is off topic, but am i allowed to put scarleteen.com on a diffrent website to direct people here, cause this is the best website i've found so far.
Posts: 11 | From: salem, OR, USA | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.