Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » ADVICE NEEDED

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: ADVICE NEEDED
Pinky Clare
Neophyte
Member # 26122

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pinky Clare     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Right, im a newbie, dont know whether this is the right place but here goes....

My boyfriend and I have been together for 2 years and have really got on great we've always been able to talk about anything. Just recently hes been very quiet, he doesnt talk much anymore and spends a hell of a lot of time on the computer. Ive asked him whats wrong and he says nothing. But we dont seem to go anywhere anymore and when we do its only to the cinema. We live together so I know hes not cheating and we alos work at the place (although not the same department).

Please can somebody tell me what is going on in his head or if it is just me being paranoid??

HELP NEEDED ASAP

------------------
THE BEST THINGS IN LIFE ARE FREE!!!!

Posts: 7 | From: Liverpool, England | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We're not a psychic hotline, luv.

If you, someone who has known him for two years, don't have a clue what's up with him, we, having never met him at all, can't possibly know.

But he probably has a clue. He's the expert on him.

Rather than continuing to ask him what is wrong, why not focus on your wants and needs, and how whatever is wrong is effecting you. Why not express a desire to get out more, to spend more time together and less computer time, to communicate more. Why not ask if he's feeling okay about the relationship lately, or if there's something he'd like to work on.

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pinky Clare
Neophyte
Member # 26122

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pinky Clare     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
wwwooooowwwwww luv!

Is that not what the relationship forum is for - advice. If not you better tell all the other people on this siter.

Oh and by the way hunny get off your soap box and chill out !!!!

I wont be visiting this site anymore so much for sound off what a load of bollocks !!!!

Posts: 7 | From: Liverpool, England | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
feefiefofemme
Activist
Member # 23917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for feefiefofemme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Pinky, I find it slightly ironic that you would say that, seeing as you went and quoted exactly what Miz Scarlet said on another board of someone asking advice.
Posts: 406 | From: California | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pinky Clare
Neophyte
Member # 26122

I was being totally sarcastic on the other forum.

I just thought that was what this board was about giving and receiving advice.

If I have got the wrong end of the stick please tell me ?

ladydexter
Activist
Member # 17567

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ladydexter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Miz Scarlet's advice is sound in the circumstances. If you have a problem with the staff, you should point it to email, as the guidelines state.

How, exactly, are any of us supposed to know what is going through his head? That's like me insisting you guess what number I'm thinking of right this second - the odds of getting it right are so small, it's not even worth trying.

Seriously, if you're fed up of not going anywhere, approach him with it, but gently. Maybe say "hey, wanna go out for lunch or something?" No one said the guy has to make the moves, try making some suggestions on going out yourself.

(Furthermore, a good many of my friends are now in the phase where they have "settled down" with their SO's, and they don't go out so much any more. Eventually, all relationships reach a point where the need to go on dates and impress each other passes and you just feel cozy vegging on the sofa in front of a good TV programme with each other.)

Posts: 336 | From: Manchester, UK | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Guidelines

Please read and respect them. Being rude to those who are only trying to help you isn't going to get you very far, i can assure you.

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pinky Clare
Neophyte
Member # 26122

Sorry all. Just not having a good time of it at the moment. Really sorry, please forgive I shouldn't take it out on other people

Bye for now !!

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.