Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » A girl girl love?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: A girl girl love?
BonnieWright13
Activist
Member # 24085

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BonnieWright13     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well me and my friend like all friends I'm sure played around a couple years ago. We went swimming naked and showed our parts and stuff. She grew out of it but I lied and said I did too. Well ever since then I've had off and on feelings for her. Over the summer I told another friend that I wanted to "do it" with her. Well this friend ended up telling her. So she now knows. Then for awhile my feelings really went away. Now they are bigger than ever. I keep having fantasies about her. I want to tell her I love her as more than my best friend. I want to take a chance with this. I want to persue a relationship or mabey a sexual relationship with her. But were only 13... How do I go about this. I need some advice.
Posts: 70 | From: Covington,Kentucky,USA | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DarkChild717
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DarkChild717     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's okay to have these feelings. But acting on them, especially if your friend doesn't feel the same way, might pose some pretty complicated feelings.

Just as an aside, the age of consent in Kentucky is 16. This applies to same-sex intercourse, as well. As such, we can't advocate you engaging in sexual intercourse.

In the mean time, here's some articles for you to look at.

The Bees and…The Bees
Ready or Not?

Also, browse through this thread. It may help.

Posts: 2789 | From: The Evergreen State | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dymes
Activist
Member # 23654

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dymes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Boy your only 13, your focus right now should be on school, work and out door or school sports. your to young to be thinking about sexual things. Get a grip and focus on better things.
Posts: 119 | From: Chmblee,GA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Jill
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Jill     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dymes, it isn't your place to criticize what someone else wants or their choices. You are to treat everyone here with respect at all times. You need to review the guidelines before you continue posting.

[This message has been edited by ookuotoe (edited 11-14-2005).]

Posts: 3641 | From: Truckee, CA, US | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dymes
Activist
Member # 23654

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dymes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ookuotoe Sigh*
Posts: 119 | From: Chmblee,GA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
(Dymes, you're one small step from being banned. So, you wanna stay here, knock it off.)
Posts: 67933 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria319
Activist
Member # 19692

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria319     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Isn't it pretty common for people in that age group to be attracted to the same sex? I remember reading somewhere that sometimes it might just be a phase. Don't do anything you think you might regret, and please don't break the law.
Posts: 407 | From: Georgia | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's only a phase in the same way that attraction to the opposite sex at a young age is also a phase.

In other words, sexuality is, to a great degree, phasalfor EVERYONE, and during sexual development ANY sort of attraction or sexual draw could be a phase or stage of that development. There's nothing to show same-sex attraction is that way any more so than opposite-sex attraction. Rather, our culture sets opposite-sex atraction as the norm, so when anyone settles into that primarily, everything else is seen as a phase.

Posts: 67933 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria319
Activist
Member # 19692

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria319     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Miz Scarlet:
It's only a phase in the same way that attraction to the opposite sex at a young age is also a phase.

In other words, sexuality is, to a great degree, phasalfor EVERYONE, and during sexual development ANY sort of attraction or sexual draw could be a phase or stage of that development. There's nothing to show same-sex attraction is that way any more so than opposite-sex attraction. Rather, our culture sets opposite-sex atraction as the norm, so when anyone settles into that primarily, everything else is seen as a phase.

Thanks. I just meant that sometimes you're attracted to anyone and everyone at one point, and then your attraction might shift to someone or something else, or just stay the same.

At one point, I was more attracted to men than women, then it was the opposite, and now it's pretty even. Things change; that's pretty much what I wanted to say.

Posts: 407 | From: Georgia | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.