Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » help

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: help
shawnghettogirl
Neophyte
Member # 26061

Icon 1 posted      Profile for shawnghettogirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well im 15 and my boyfriend is 17 about to be 18 and me and him have been together for nine months and we really love each other but we do have sex but every body is telling me that i need to leave him alone but i really love him and concidering we have been togethere for so long i cant do that what should i do
Posts: 3 | From: ocala, florida, usa | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
First of all, do know that it is actually illegal in the state of Florida for you and your boyfriend to be having intercourse. You're not of age to consent, legally, and this could get him in big trouble.

Do you know why everybody is telling you you should leave him? Who is 'everybody'?

I'm going to move this to Relationships so you can respond.

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shawnghettogirl
Neophyte
Member # 26061

Icon 1 posted      Profile for shawnghettogirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by shawnghettogirl:
well im 15 and my boyfriend is 17 about to be 18 and me and him have been together for nine months and we really love each other but we do have sex but every body is telling me that i need to leave him alone but i really love him and concidering we have been togethere for so long i cant do that what should i do
............................................................yeah i do know thats illegal and he could be put i jail but hes not eighteen yet and its just a couple of my friends my parents know and they are okay with everything but i can see him when im 16 right

Posts: 3 | From: ocala, florida, usa | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Celtic Daisy
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 2971

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Celtic Daisy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, could you please ellaborate on your question a little? Why is it that people are telling you to leave him alone? You're a little vague in your problem and that makes it a little more difficult to give advice.

------------------
Consciously Naive

Erin Jane
~Scarleteen Advocate~

Posts: 1747 | From: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bobolink
Activist
Member # 1386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bobolink         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Please know that your parents cannot give you "permission" to have underage sex.

------------------
I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.

- Galileo

Posts: 3442 | From: Stirling, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Celt's right, we have no idea what your actual question is.

legally, there's no age limit on dating. ut in Florida, your boyfriend could go to jail and be stuck registering as a sex offender for the rest of his life if you guys get caught. that means he could never work as a teacher, a sports coach, scout leader, or anything that involved kids. he might also be ineligible for college, good jobs, and places to live. that's a loss of a HUGE amount of freedom.

think real hard about how you feel about this guy. sure, your parents know, but if for whatever reason you two get caught (anyone else can call the cops), your parents can't tell the cops that gave you the ok to have sex. it's still the law. now, if oyu love this guy so much and have been through a lot, how would you feel if something were ot happen to him? that's at least several months in jail. not juvie either, but JAIL. with hardened criminals. And when he gets out, the police will track him like a dog. being outside the bars won't guarantee freedom.

ask yourself. is the sex so good that you are willing to risk his future for it?

kissing and holding hands is a-ok. so is snuggling by the fire.

------------------
LA County STD Hotline 1.800.758.0880
Toll free STD and clinic information, and condoms sent to your door for Los Angeles County residents.
1 in 3 sexually active people will be exposed to a STD by the time they turn 24.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shawnghettogirl
Neophyte
Member # 26061

quote:
Originally posted by Gumdrop Girl:
Celt's right, we have no idea what your actual question is.

legally, there's no age limit on dating. ut in Florida, your boyfriend could go to jail and be stuck registering as a sex offender for the rest of his life if you guys get caught. that means he could never work as a teacher, a sports coach, scout leader, or anything that involved kids. he might also be ineligible for college, good jobs, and places to live. that's a loss of a HUGE amount of freedom.

think real hard about how you feel about this guy. sure, your parents know, but if for whatever reason you two get caught (anyone else can call the cops), your parents can't tell the cops that gave you the ok to have sex. it's still the law. now, if oyu love this guy so much and have been through a lot, how would you feel if something were ot happen to him? that's at least several months in jail. not juvie either, but JAIL. with hardened criminals. And when he gets out, the police will track him like a dog. being outside the bars won't guarantee freedom.

ask yourself. is the sex so good that you are willing to risk his future for it?

kissing and holding hands is a-ok. so is snuggling by the fire.

......................................................alright my question is should we stop having sex and just be together until i turn 16 because i have done research and it says that in florida if your 16 you are legal and so should we wait till i turn 16 to have sex again because of the fact that i do really love him ....

Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ohh...

okay. it's good if you guys can wait till you're both legal. it's to worth it if you gt in trouble. if you love him, you want to keep him safe, right? honestly, you got the rest of your lives to have sex. its not worth blowing your chances at a future now just for half an hour of sex. yes, you can stop, even if you've started. and if he loves you too, he'll understand that you want to avoid trouble. if you can explain the things that could happen to him, i'm sure that'd make him understand even more clearly.

so if you can, it'd be much safer for you to to kiss, cuddle, hold onto each other. it's not like you love each other any less, right? right. so just a year or so of waiting. it'll be past before you know it.

------------------
LA County STD Hotline 1.800.758.0880
Toll free STD and clinic information, and condoms sent to your door for Los Angeles County residents.
1 in 3 sexually active people will be exposed to a STD by the time they turn 24.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.