Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » Who is better?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Who is better?
Esmeraldah17
Neophyte
Member # 25876

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Esmeraldah17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am a 17 year old virgin...I inted to hold myself for marriage. Although all my friends arent virgins at all. I was thinking that being a virgin is a whole lot better since it shows repect and all of the above. So, is it better to be a virgin or not a virgin?
Posts: 16 | From: vista CA , USA | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*spacebag*
Neophyte
Member # 25188

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *spacebag*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey,
I dont think one is better than the other, It's more what suits the individual and what is better for them that counts.
Plus you can still have/show respect if you loose your virginity before you marry as long as you are respecting your body and feelings when you do it.

xxxxxx

------------------
ღNever try and change a loved one, diamonds are found not madeღ

Posts: 29 | From: England | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is it better to go to college, or go to trade school? Better to be Christian or Jewish? Better to wear skirts or pants? better to be in a relationship or single?

Depends on who you are, what you want, what feels right and like the best fit for you, and what is the best choice for a given person at any given time.

And the same goes with choosing to start being sexually active or not.

It really is that simple: being sexually active or not doesn't make anyone better or worse, a good person or a bad one. It's a personal choice, just like most things. And the only better/worse is what is better or worse for YOU.

(Plus, people can be disrespected in lots of ways, and treat themselves with disrespect in lots of ways, not just sexually. Not being sexually active doesn't guarantee anyone any greater respectful treatment than anyone else. And a person can be sexually active and have just as much self-respect as someone who isn't. Also, bear in mind that not only does everyone not want to be married -- and as a feminist, personally I'm of the mind that the history of marriage, and still often the execution of such, has long shown LOADS of tremendous disrespect for women -- not everyone CAN legally get married.

Moreover, if you're judging your friends by what their sexual choices are, especially just by the basic choice to BE sexually active, not even by how they execute their choices, you're actually being pretty disrespectful yourself.)

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.