Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » Jobs...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Jobs...
babygirl88
Activist
Member # 9745

Icon 1 posted      Profile for babygirl88     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My parents are requiring that I work full time, or 40 hours a week, this summer. I have two jobs. If I don't fulfill this requirement, which I apparently haven't so far, I'm not allowed to do ANYTHING social. As of the beginning of this summer, it was my understanding that I would be scheduled for enough shifts between the two jobs to be working full time, because my bosses promised me certain set hours. However, I'm not getting many hours at all at either job. Which leads to several problems: First of all, my parents are inventing every possibly reason why I, as they say, "can't hold a job". Their stories change every week, but it's getting kind of hard to listen to them tell me how much of a failure I am.
Also, I'm obviously pissing them off because I'm not working full time yet. I've been searching frantically for more jobs but nothing had been going too smoothly for me. I live in a very rural town and none of the stores here are hiring employees- trust me, I checked each and every single one. I luckily now have three families who want to hire me as a babysitter, so hopefully this will be it.
I just don't know how to handle my parents telling me that I go to wrk with a bad attitude, give my bosses attitude, don't do certain things they ask of me, have no interpersonal skills, and all the other stories they concoct to serve as reasons why I'm not getting many hours at my jobs. I feel they are being unnecessarily hard on me. I know how I interact with people and bosses at work, and their ideas are far from the truth. They wouldn't even know, it's not like they're anywhere near me when I'm in a working environment. As much as I'm trying to stay strong, they're just stressing me to the max. Every day my parents have new threats and new reasons why I suck at life. It's hurtful enough to not be scheduled to work at my jobs when I honest to god work my but off.

Well if anyone has any advice/ Has been in a similar position, I'd love to hear from you. Thanks!

------------------
"It's something
unpredictable
but in the end is right
i hope you had the
time of your life"

Posts: 150 | From: !USA! | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.