Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » HEEEELLLLPPPP

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Member # 23144

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mama_Fudge     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, here's the deal; I've liked this guy for about 6 months now. I'm starting to get the feeling he likes me.

He's always glancing over at me. I usually pretend not to notice, because I'm a really shy person, but for whatever reason I decided to look at him straight in the eye whenever I KNEW he was looking at me. He just gave me the hugest smile. (I smiled back of course, and we started to talk)

He told one of my best friends (Who also is one of his best friends) that I "Would be Drop-dead gorgeous if I got about 2 inches taller". I really don't know wether to take that as a good thing or not though

He hugs me a LOT. He puts his arm around me A LOT. He plays with my hair almost every day and waits by my locker for me.

I have a friend who flirts with him (She says she's expirementing to see if he treats all girls like he does me...don't really know what to think about that either...) and she'll shake his hand but not let go for like 5 minutes, literally. He'll always try to get his hand free and the WHOLE time she does this stuff, he's looking at me. One day I decided to do the same thing and shake his hand. He didn't try to get free. I wasn't gripping tightly or anything, and so I started to loose my grip and he pulled it back with his hand.

And according to my friend, he doesn't act like this to her or any other girl...which I kind of already knew.

Ok, so now for the bad part: We've become really REALLY good friends. Could I be mistaking this for just friend ship? And is it REALLY worth possibly loosing a friend over a relationship that might not work (considering this is high school and most relationships don't)?

Please give me your advice on what to do! I am so confuzed. I really don't want to loose him as a friend but I like him a lot.

Posts: 3 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 17924

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JamsessionVT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
(Before I say anything, your friend needs a reality check. How tall or short you are doesn't dictate your beauty. It just gives people an idea of the genes you inherited I wouldn't dwell too much on the comment: it was a pretty stupid thing to say)

Congrats: sounds like you've got yourself a good friend, possibly more. This is where you decide what is more important to you: a friendship or an intimate relationship. You might think about discussing this w/ you friend, and find out if he feels the same way you do. If you decide to go for it, take the relationship slowly. It might be just a highschool crush, but some bf/gf relationships can be very rewarding. And even if it doesn't last, that's OK. Hopefully it won't affect your relationship; (and as some reassurance, from what little I can gather, it sounds as though this guy is a good person, and you'll be friends even if things don't go the way you wanted)

Posts: 3987 | From: Greater Burlington Area, Vermont | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 23144

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mama_Fudge     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks so much for replying. It helped a lot. I'm almost 94% sure he likes me, it's just the actual fear of asking him out that's in the way.
Posts: 3 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.