Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » fell in love with someone off the internet

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: fell in love with someone off the internet
playbunny
Neophyte
Member # 21781

Icon 5 posted      Profile for playbunny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hey my name is charley im 17 from london now i know u guys are gnna call me mad but 18 motnhs ago i met this guy from the net and have been going out for the past 16 months the thing is that we have never met before and ive fallen in love with him we speak to each other everyday on the fone and everything and he says that he loves me now i would do anything for him but my mum has jst found out and as u can tell she isnt happy i just want to be with him so bad but he lives in scunthorpe thats 300 miles away.

what shall i do im so confused and scared that if i meet up with him that he aint gonna b the person i thougth he was gnna b for example he may rush things and ive had that experience before with people forcing me and i think you can gather what im trying to say now 3 yrs ago nearly four i gave birth to my daughter

please help me im really confused

Posts: 30 | From: england | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, it's always a possibility that when you meet someone you won't have chemistry with them, and someone in person is always going to be at least slightly different than they are in a limited medium like online or on the phone.

So, it's smart, and realistic, not to get TOO invested in a relationship before you've ever met someone, as a rule. It's also smart and realistic to be prepared for, when meeting them, them not to meet your expectations or for you not to meet theirs. That's just how it goes.

Per worries he may force you, if in 16 months you and he haven't taked about that at all, and you DO intend on meeting him, then it's WAY past time you do that. As well, if you have'n't had any sort of counseling or processing to deal with what it was that happened to you before, or still feel unable to protect yourself and make smart choices with people -- and assert yourself easily -- I'd suggest you do that before entering into a relationship.

Per the rest? We've got something for you right here: Getting Real: Relationships on the Net.

Lastly, I'd suggest you talk to Mom. I'm sure you can probably strike some sort of compromise so the two of you can meet safely, probably with her right with you (which would be a Very Good Idea).

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor & Founder
ST homepage • ST blog • about Heather & Scarleteen

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
leena_a
Neophyte
Member # 21792

Icon 4 posted      Profile for leena_a     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hey
i am 20 and i started chatting with this guy in october 2004...hardly 4 months ago..and we fell in love with each other.(my 1st relationship as a grown up, i mean not the teen thingy).atleast from my side i did, and he says that too..my parents know about it, and he even said hes gonna come to meet me in april. and he used to call up everyday, and i could make out that he was pretty seriuos...but lately, we havnt been talking, he is a little busy with his work...i dunno if i shud continue bcoz i have also started to feel a little fakeness in the whole relationship..(from his side)i am very confused...i dunno if hes just having fun or he is actually seriuos...what do i do????plz help

[No need to quote the entire post. Using the "reply" buttons at the top and bottom of the thread allow you to post without quoting. -ook]

[This message has been edited by ookuotoe (edited 02-10-2005).]

Posts: 2 | From: New Delhi, India | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
playbunny
Neophyte
Member # 21781

Icon 1 posted      Profile for playbunny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i feel the exact same way this guy is also threatening to kill him self if i dnt go to see him i really want to but im scared that i will get hurt like ive done in the past
Posts: 30 | From: england | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ErinK
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1371

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ErinK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Threatening to kill himself if you don't go see him? RED FLAG FOR A PROBLEM. That's not love; that's manipulation. Are you sure you want to be in a relationship with someone (in any form, online or off) who would make threats like that?
Posts: 3077 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
celery
Activist
Member # 5594

Icon 1 posted      Profile for celery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Seriously, it definetly does not sound like a good idea for you to be involved with someone if they're threatening to kill themselves if you don't go see them.

You said you are scared of there being pressure on you, and forcing you to do things... well he already is pressuring you to go meet him, when you're obviously having doubts about it. My advice would be to stop talking to this guy.

Posts: 1000 | From: Canada | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
playbunny
Neophyte
Member # 21781

Icon 1 posted      Profile for playbunny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
well i havint spoken to him for a few days but its breaking me apart because i feel i havce nothing without him yea i have my daughter but who else my friends say its good to feel loved isnt it but i say yeah but i dnt really no whether he does or not i mean a few days ago he had an arguement with his mum and txt me saying im falling apart and dont no what to do and that im never going to see him because hes going to die i really dont want him to die though i really do like him
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
He's not going to die, kid.

If he's really said that (and I say this because your posts have me highly confused, as you've stated in a different thread you have another boyfriend entirely), he's likely being dramatic or he's playing you, as explained above.

Drama: sounds like EVERYONE needs a break from it.

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor & Founder
ST homepage • ST blog • about Heather & Scarleteen

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
playbunny
Neophyte
Member # 21781

tahnks for your help all of you i really aprewciate it

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.