Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » family trouble

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: family trouble
BetterSitUp
Neophyte
Member # 20367

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BetterSitUp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ok, so i've been seeing this guy for a couple weeks, and last night we decided to make it official, as in we are a couple. I really like him, and i really like being with him. The only thing is we are boh in college and won't be going home until Thanksgiving. I want him to meet my family eventually, but i'm a little worried. He's black (im white) and while i have no problem with this and neither do my parents, most of my extended family (aunts, uncles, grandparents, etc) are pretty racist. I don't care what they think at all, i mean i know that kind of thinking is stupid and i know what's best for me. The problem is, i don't want him to be ashamed of me or where i come from. I don't want him to think that i share the same beleifs as my family and i just don't want him to be upset or mad. I don't really know how to go about talking to him about this and i could use some advice.

------------------
"She's the blade and you're
the paper." ~Sugarcult

Posts: 19 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
coolestdesignz
Activist
Member # 18028

Icon 1 posted      Profile for coolestdesignz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Talk it over with you family and work it out with them. It's obvious that deep down inside, you really do care what they think. After all, you are driven by some urge/want for him to meet them. So, if you can work it out with your family, great. If you can't work it out, either threaten them to be good or stay far, far, far away.
Posts: 203 | From: Laguna Niguel, CA, USA | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.