Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » Cheating

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Cheating
Activist
Member # 18722

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 113533     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just wondering what everyone's thoughts are on cheating. As in, when does it become cheating? What do you consider cheating?
Posts: 169 | From: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
coolestdesignz
Activist
Member # 18028

Icon 3 posted      Profile for coolestdesignz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I guess cheating is defined based on what both partners deem to be cheating. There are multiple threads on this topic. Try using the board search feature.
Posts: 203 | From: Laguna Niguel, CA, USA | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pooky
Activist
Member # 20410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pooky     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
for me, cheating would be betrayal of your partner. I guess the point where you stop thinking about them and focus on someone else when doing something, like kissing, or even something simple like daydreaming, etc, is my definition of cheating to some degree. I dont know if that helps any, but thats my idea.

Posts: 48 | From: PA, USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
smilee_kylie
Activist
Member # 20046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for smilee_kylie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Cheating really cannot be defined to a set definition. You might hold hands with another guy and your boyfriend wouldn't care, whereas another boyfriend might get upset and call it cheating. It really depends. Most of the time, cheating is when you start another relationship with someone or you do something physical with another person (like kissing, or sexually related things). But if you do something and deep down you think you are cheating, then you probably are. Or even if you don't think you have, and your partner thinks you have, then in their eyes you have.

But ultimately it can't be laid down as a black and white answer. But its pretty easy to pin-point when your partner would take something as cheating or not.

Posts: 58 | From: Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ary__23
Neophyte
Member # 20645

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ary__23     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i think cheating is when you know a person and you do something with them. not just going up to someone at a party and kissing them. you have to know the person for it to be cheating
Posts: 5 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
babalou
Neophyte
Member # 20497

Icon 6 posted      Profile for babalou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ary__23, does that mean a one night stand isn't cheating? Because you usually don't know the person in a one night stand situation...

In my opinion cheating is when you actually do something physical with someone who is not your girlfriend/boyfriend/partner.
I myself was accused of cheating just for dancing with a guy that was my friend, and yes I was dancing close to him butin my opinion because I did not have any intentions of doing anything further, that is not cheating.

Posts: 16 | From: England | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CrimsonCriminal
Activist
Member # 20650

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CrimsonCriminal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Cheating in my opinion is doing something of sexual nature with someone else without your parthner knowing. Me and my BF have had a conversation about this and we know what cheating means for us. If he decides that he absolutely needs to sleep with a man (I can't give him certain "things" a man can) he has to tell me and ask for my permission and only do it with my full concent, and same goes if I feel the need to sleep with a woman or a transexual. We agreed that we wouldn't sleep with someone of the opposite sex. Simple. Get your parthner, sit them down and have a long hard convo.

HORROR STOREY! (BOOO!)

8 month relationship. Girl gets drunk, kisses someone else at a party. Boy calls her a slut and leaves. He slept with some other woman 2 months before the incident because the girl was abstraining until her 18th. I know she wasn't being wise by drinking at that age, but the dude was a complete butthole (he still is, backstabber galore). She is now in a different relationship with a man who feels free to sleep with anyone he pleases because the girl is abstraining still. We told her many a time about his antics, but she doesn't listen, and she's capable of her own decisions and my compassion for her has grown thin, very thin.

Posts: 105 | From: Australia | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.