Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » trust

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: trust
MCJoel
Activist
Member # 15538

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MCJoel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
over time, i've come to terms with the lack of trust I feel towards people. Indeed, only a few of my most close friends I really trust and confide to. still, this has always presented problems when it comes to romantic relationships. i don't really trust women, i don't know why, i think they will not be true to me, they will lie, they will..ultimately hurt me. that's why i never tend to get really attached to anyone and go for short-term flings rather than anything more meaningful. it is not unusual for me to run away from even the possibility of something happening because of this self-protection i always look for.
do you think this is at all reasonable? i guess it really comes down to the indivudal in particular but...i don't know, i just act this way. the thing is there are really people who make you wrong... how do you think i could deal with this..probably a therapist would help right? any comments would be really good.

Posts: 83 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
illuminatedmind
Activist
Member # 17190

Icon 1 posted      Profile for illuminatedmind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you think you need a therapist, by all means, find a good one. You sound like you have a good handle on what you need to work on, you may not even need to be there all that long.

What you're feeling sounds normal enough, but it does sound like something you need to work on. Trust is a big part of any relationship.

Posts: 198 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.