Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » What is better?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What is better?
HellFish
Neophyte
Member # 10578

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HellFish     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is it better to kiss her on the first date when she doesn't want to, or not kiss her on the first date when she wants a kiss?

I have tried kissing on the first date and it has backfired more often than not, and on my last date she wanted a kiss and I didn't give it to her. Have i screwed myself over or is there a chance for redemption on the 2nd date?

Posts: 8 | From: tx | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Jill
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Jill     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Whoa, there should be no kissing going on unless both parties want to. Period.

Why not talk to this girl on that second date and ask her what she wants? That will eliminate the guesswork and make things a whole lot less stressful.

Posts: 3641 | From: Truckee, CA, US | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
freakedout
Activist
Member # 9702

Icon 10 posted      Profile for freakedout     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you're really not sure what your date wants, ask her, or tell her what you want. Her reply is going to lead you down one path or another, and this way, if you ask her what she wants, she'll respect you more because you respected her...
Posts: 123 | From: Wisconsin, United States | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You're making things a lot more complicated than need be.

How about this: you're on a date, and you want to kiss your date, you simply say, "I'd like to kiss you. May I?"

Easy as pie.

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

My epitaph should read: "She worked herself into this ground."
-- Kay Bailey Hutchinson

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Agent_Smith
Neophyte
Member # 13186

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Agent_Smith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh come on, kissing is way more fun if you don't expect it, the guess work makes it fun
Posts: 11 | From: S/w England | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
logic_grrl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 8067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for logic_grrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Let's try to avoid the generalizations, okay? That may be how you feel, but clearly Hellfish isn't finding the guesswork much "fun".

And there are lots of people who would not find an unexpected kiss - especially if it was also an unwanted kiss, or one that felt "too early" for them - fun at all.

Sometimes, a spot of actual verbal communication can be indispensible. Some of us even find communication sexy ...

Posts: 6944 | From: UK | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i don't know about the rest of you all, but for me, an unwanted kiss can be met with a slap to the face. The lady doth protest!

I'd have to say it's not a bad idea to try to ready body language, but that seems to have failed HellFish, so in your case, either ask her real nicely, or give her a test peck on the cheek, or a hug.

Of the first set of questions, I'd have to se that it's better not to kiss her if she wants it, then to kiss her and have her clock you. If you pass on the kiss, you can always try again later when you're ready.

------------------
May suffering and pestilence befall the %$@! who broke into my car.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BruinDan
Activist
Member # 3072

Icon 3 posted      Profile for BruinDan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And remember, HellFish...when kissing, try to make sure your breath doesn't smell like your name.

------------------
BruinDan, "Number Three," FHOM

Beware the naked man who offereth you his pants.

Posts: 2727 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
retarded_brat
Activist
Member # 5126

Icon 1 posted      Profile for retarded_brat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by BruinDan:
And remember, HellFish...when kissing, try to make sure your breath doesn't smell like your name.

LOL!!!!. Good one. And even garlic is a bad idea...

------------------
"I'm no good at putting myself in other people's shoes, I'm too busy getting my own to fit." - A.D. (Adam Duritz)

Posts: 134 | From: United Kingdom | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bluefreak44
Activist
Member # 12381

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bluefreak44     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you're not sure she wants to kiss, and you're too afraid to ask her, then just put off kissing for now. What harm could taking things slow physically possibly do?

*still working on not abbreviating my "you"s and "you're"s*

[This message has been edited by bluefreak44 (edited 05-29-2003).]

Posts: 81 | From: MO, USA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.