Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » What to do...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What to do...
tigress
Activist
Member # 9461

Icon 9 posted      Profile for tigress     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Back in May of this year my boyfriend and I broke up for about three weeks. During that time my local swimming pool opened and I met this guy named *B. He was really nice and we became friends, however I still loved my boyfriend *S and I was so happy when the three weeks were over and we got back together.

Well, I told S about B and he asked me not to talk to B anymore because he was worried that B would try to be with me as more than a friend. So I agreed. But, every once in awhile (and I seriously mean like twice a month and were only "hi, how are you?" type things) B would instant message me and we'd chat for like ten minutes tops. During the last of one of those short conversations B admitted to having a crush on me and even saying he loved me. I freaked out. This was several months later about mid-September of this year.

I told my boyfriend S, and he was very angry almost to the point of breaking up with me. He said I lied to him (when I said I wouldn't talk to B anymore) and he didn't know if he could trust me again. Well, fortunatly, here we are in almost January of 2003- my boyfriend and I have been going out for over a year, and B im'ed me today.

I talked briefly- meaning I explained very shortly why I couldn't talk to him (I didn't say the real reason) and then I blocked him and signed offline. It just hit me a few hours ago and it's been eating me up: I talked to B, again. I don't know what to do! I mean, it's not like we had an indepth conversation, it was very brief, but still I feel so bad and like such a fake. I don't know if I should tell my boyfriend, or if I should just forget about it...

Gosh, I'm so upset. What should I do? Is this really a big deal? Is honesty the best policy? I don't know what my boyfriend would do if I told him I talked to B again- even if it was briefly. I definitly do not want to fight (everything between my boyfriend and I has been wonderful lately) and I don't want him to break up with me because I love him so much and B dosen't mean anything to me, not even as a friend.

Help Scarleteen!

Posts: 119 | From: SoRoa | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CutiePie4eva
Activist
Member # 7052

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CutiePie4eva     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i dont think you should feel guilty. i know that you talked to him briefly, but it was to tell him you didnt want to talk to him, and than you even blocked him.

i personally think your bf sounds a bit over protective tho. i kno that the other guy may have felt like a threat, but if you told your bf and b that you werent interested in b and you didnt lead him on or anything... your bf should trust you enough to at least talk to the kid. i've seen a few posts that were similar to this... i mean bf not wanting their gf to talk to certain other guys and than acting very jealous when they did.

you dont have any feeling for the b kid... so i dont see why you shouldnt be able to talk to him... but i guess thats for you to decide.

i think that honesty is the best policy, and i dont kno if u want to follow what i say... but i think this is one of those situations that are... if your bf doesnt ask you dont need to say anything and upset him by it. at least, thats what i would do.

anywat... good luck with things. i think i'll look around for some of those other posts similar to this, mayb they have some good advice. =)

------------------
dont worrie, b happie!!!!

it's all good (...i suppose)

Dont interrupt me when i'm talking to myself!

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today.
It's already tomorrow in Australia."
~ Charles Schultz

STOLEN KISSES ARE THE SWEETEST! (so nummy!)

Posts: 239 | From: new york, USA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CutiePie4eva
Activist
Member # 7052

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CutiePie4eva     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i finally found the post i was looking for and it was actually posted by you. lol anywat... was the other post about the same bf as the one mentioned about, or is it a different guy? just curious.

here's the link to that other post:
http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/Forum3/HTML/002748.html

Posts: 239 | From: new york, USA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tigress
Activist
Member # 9461

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tigress     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, that would be the same boyfriend and the same problem. Thanks for your reply, I think I'll take your advice and just try to not worry about it.
Posts: 119 | From: SoRoa | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dramacrazed
Neophyte
Member # 11232

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dramacrazed     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
its sounds like you just talked to him just to explain why you cant talk to this person. so in my opnion i think you did the right thing and that you are entitled to give some reason. if ur bf asks. tell him what you did and that you blocked him and wont talk to him ever again.
good luck girlie

------------------
minnie

Posts: 12 | From: Orlando, FL, USA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.