Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » First Love

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: First Love
confused333
Activist
Member # 6450

Icon 6 posted      Profile for confused333     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There have been topics about when you knew you were in love, when you said told someone you were in love, but I didn't see any like this. (Correct me if I'm wrong)

When was your first real love. Not your 1st boyfriend but your first love.

In the teenage soul journal they have a bunch of questions on this.
-When was it?
-How did it end?
-Did you ever think you were never going to fall in love again?

And some other questions about realtionships.
-What makes you jealous?
-What makes you angry?
-What makes you happy?
-What hurts your feelings?
-What makes you love him or her the most?

My first real love was the guy I am with now. It hasn't ended and I really don't want it to.

------------------
Why does a rose represent love, when a rose always dies??

Friends are like condoms, they help out when things get hard.

Posts: 473 | From: Virginia | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sour
Neophyte
Member # 9322

Icon 7 posted      Profile for sour     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was wondering how old most of you guys were when you had your first real love?
Thanx,*~sour~*

Posts: 17 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olive
Activist
Member # 8964

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Olive     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was 13 and he was 16. He said he wanted to marry me, but that is just something that happens when you are so young...it doesnt always last, most of the time it doesnt. It ended because he lived 4 hours away and I had a b/f at my school also, so i didnt want to be a "player" so i broke it off with him. Probably a big mistake because my feelings for him will always be there.

Our relationship was 6 months long...

Posts: 338 | From: Livermore, CA | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
*wistfully nostalgic*

when i was a froshy in high school, i had this mad crush on a senior. it lasted 3 years. but that wasn't my first love.

when i was 16, i enrolled in a summer university-prep program for high schoolers who had just finished 11th grade. I was taking economics 1, and i met this boy who absolutely made me forget about this other guy (at which time, i was still using this photo of him for a bookmark). I thought this boy was wonderful, handsome, sensitive, smart and artistic. We spent so much time together, talked for hours and just enjoyed each others' company. But he fancied a friend of mine. So I just admired him from a distance. I figured I'd tell him at the end of the program 'cause I'd probably never see him again.

We were studying for out econ final when we got sidetracked, talked about the ppl we were attracted to and the ppl we fancied. he said he liked me, but didn't want to say anything because he figured a girl like me would never give him the time of day. i was floored, so I told him i liked him, too. There were only 5 days left before the program's end. after class that day, we locked ourselves in my room and cuddled.

We kept in touch. And we wound up going to the same university. We dated off and on for several months. And as much as I loved him, we made a lousy couple. We broke up after he left school (he wasn't doing so well). And that was the end of that. That was in the span of about 3 years.

I fell in love again shortly thereafter. I didn't think I would, and in a way i didn't. This time around, I haven't been so selfless and trepid. I was so much more vulnerable then, and I didn't know how to handle what I was feeling. But I took those experiences and I learned from them. I learned that if you give all the time, pretty soon, you have nothing left; it's okay to take every now and then.

I think about him from time to time. I miss him and I always wonder what he's up to.

------------------
"In God we trust. All others must pay cash..." faw-choon kookie say.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Etoile
Neophyte
Member # 8657

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Etoile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I had been dating this guy for a while, we liked eachother a lot, but it wasn't love - yet.

We were on a school trip to Chicago and they took us to Navy Pier ( on Lake Michigan ) where there was a huge tent for ice skating. He took my hand and we skated together...it just happened. I felt like we were the only ones there, just the two of us in our own little world. I ended up falling and he smiled, reached for my hand and as I stood up he looked at me and we kissed and it felt like magic.

We're done and over with now....Forever is never as long as it seems.

------------------
No one's a virgin....Life screws everyone

Posts: 39 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fairie
Activist
Member # 8914

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fairie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My first love was with my current boyfriend. I'm 15 (he's 17)its been over 4 months and i never ever want it to end!

------------------
Live,Laugh,Love

Posts: 101 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olive
Activist
Member # 8964

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Olive     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Etoile, even though your done, I loved your story . That is soooo sweet. I kinda have a similar one but he didnt kiss me after i fell.

Actually at my school there is a levy and i was walking down it with this guy I had a crush on. I slid one of my legs forward and scraped my other knee. Pretty embarassing, I told him "I hope that makes YOUR day" cuse he laughed at me. But he walked me to the ladies locker room so i could clean my bloody knee off. And i was wearing a skirt too!

Later that day he said "I am so happy today!" and i replied "Well i guess i did make your day." Things between us got better from then on. We never started a relationship. But I'm sure when school comes back around we will still be friends.

[This message has been edited by Olive (edited 08-07-2002).]

Posts: 338 | From: Livermore, CA | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Star2be17
Activist
Member # 4769

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Star2be17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I first fell in love (this time it was actually love...not an infatuation that i merely thought was love) on Valentine's day 2002. Twas with my current boyfriend of 10 months. I can't wait to get my new guitar book so i can play him the love songs from Moulin Rouge!

------------------
"I love the smell of napalm in the morning!" --Apocalypse Now

Posts: 266 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
magpie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 2340

Icon 1 posted      Profile for magpie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Star2be17:
(this time it was actually love...not an infatuation that i merely thought was love)

In our 10th grade health class, we spent 2 weeks studying the difference between love and infatuation.

Anyway... The first time I fell in love is with my current boyfriend. I thought my first boyfriend was love, but after it was all done, I realized it wasn't.

I was 15 when I fell in love with my boyfriend and we've been together for nearly 2 years now.

Posts: 286 | From: Ames, IA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SirenRose
Activist
Member # 8384

Icon 12 posted      Profile for SirenRose     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i was 14 and so was he. i fell hard and fast. u know the usual, "gosh he is SOO annoying" and then well he grew on me. i didn't even realized i had romantic feelings for him until well, not until we kissed. it wasn't all that romantic. it just happend, and me being my somewhat querky self ran out of the room and ran towards my bus. he called later that night and we decided to get together. and in the short 4 months that we were together we went through hard times...and then he called it off. *sighs* oh well. i miss him, but i think i just miss the relationship we had. i actually went through this phase when i absolutely decided not to let myself fall in love. (im still in that phase) i agree that love is an amazing thing, i just don't want to get hurt like that again.

------------------
~*your winning me over with everything u say...you rip my heart right out...and when i let you closer i only want you closer...you rip me apart...

Posts: 138 | From: ur dreams | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.