Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » Kiss Impression

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Kiss Impression
shank021
Neophyte
Member # 5274

Icon 1 posted      Profile for shank021     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There is a girl i met through one of my friends back in the fall of 2001..we've been hanging out because of my other friend..and we have become kind of close. I always thought she was hot..ever since i saw her. And i think she felt the same way about me. And she is really cool too! shes not a hot ..yet..annoying girl..she is hot cool and fun to be around. The only problem now is that she has a boyfriend..and has had one ever since i met her. We have become closer and closer as if we are about to become a couple. The friend i met her though know everything about this girl cuz she tell her everything she feels about me.She told her that she might dump her boyfriend for me.My friend (megan)told me that Sam(the girl i like) would go let me kiss her if i were to make the move. Yes, i want to kiss her but i dont know how she likes to kiss..and if she doesnt like the way i kiss or im a bad kisser than i would lose my chance and she would never think about dumping her boyfriend for me. The other issue is that if she dumps him for me before i leave for a camp in wisconsin for a month then i would be with her and could keep my options open at camp..the only reason i say that is becuz ever since i started camp..i found this girl that i befriended who i thought was so gorgeous and fun to be around..just like sam....well this other girl is local and lives a city away from me. It would not be an issue if i were to get with a girl from chicago or something while i was at camp but if i were to get with a local girl and end up being with her then i would get home and have to deal with explainin the 2 girlfriends and/or a somewhat teenage broken heart..HELP!!haha...THANK YOU
Posts: 38 | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glitter695
Activist
Member # 1515

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glitter695     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well this post certainly doesnt belong here. This is for SITE HELP. An advocate that moderates this part of the board will move this to relationships for you...

------------------
*~*~12/3/99*~*
Bobaroony & Erica Bearica
<3 love forever!

Monk N Bear~ Best Friends Forever! ~Luv ya babe!

*~*Scarleteen Advocate*~*

“One ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.” Heather Corinna

[This message has been edited by glitter695 (edited 06-05-2002).]

Posts: 1978 | From: NY:) | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
noob88
Activist
Member # 7723

Icon 1 posted      Profile for noob88     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Decide, its tough but its all you really can do, think about the positives and negatives of both, it sounds more like you should go with sam, she seems like shes giving up something large to be with you, but I would suggest making the first move to show her how big your interst is, in my own experience girls have often liked it a lot more if a guy were to express the strong interest in them.

As far as kissing goes I cant really give you a full proof way of doing it, nor does the site appreciate us giving advice. But if you worried about what kind of kiss meaning whether to make it a french kiss or a closed mouth kiss then I can tell you this much it usually comes naturally, just go for it and if you can tell that she is in the mood for that kind of kiss just go ahead and go along with her (ie she opens her mouth and tries to give your tongue an invitation).

Hope it works out

------------------
-MONTY-

I'm a guy, big surprise

"We may be through with the past but the past aint through with us"

"As far as I am concerned humans have not come up with a belief that is worth believing"

Posts: 104 | From: Tiburon, Ca | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
logic_grrl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 8067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for logic_grrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
The other issue is that if she dumps him for me before i leave for a camp in wisconsin for
a month then i would be with her and could keep my options open at camp..

Well, if you get into a monogamous boyfriend-girlfriend relationship with her, I'd say that rules out "keeping your options open at camp", whether the other girl was local or from Chicago or anywhere else. If you and Sam agreed that you would both be free to get together with other people, that would be different.

quote:
Yes, i want to kiss her but i dont know how she likes to kiss..and if she doesnt like the way i kiss or im a bad kisser than i would lose my chance and she would never think about dumping her boyfriend for me.

Really? Y'know, if all she cares about is how well you kiss, then maybe she's not a great person to be in a relationship with anyway. If she's really considering leaving her boyfriend for you (and I'd say that you need to talk to her about this at some point, not rely on what your friend says), that suggests to me that she cares about you in other ways as well.

In terms of making a good impression with a kiss, what matters is to be sensitive to her cues and respond to what's she's doing, not to try some super-special "kissing technique".

After all, how sexy would it be to kiss someone if you suspected that they weren't really paying attention to you at all, they were just busy trying to remember some "How To Kiss" article they'd read somewhere?

Posts: 6944 | From: UK | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shank021
Neophyte
Member # 5274

Icon 1 posted      Profile for shank021     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes i agree...however maybe i said it wrong ..about the kiss making her not want to be with me .....Its just that..were still teenagers..its not a real real intense relationship no matter how you look at it..We arnt considering if we will be together for the rest of our lives. But we do however want to please our parter as we do them to us. Does that make sense? Also ..i'm nervous when it comes to making a move....and it probably puts a lot more pressure on someone when they are going to kiss a girl.that..ONE >has a boyfriend 2>your nervous anyway and 3 > everyone is askin you all week..so are u gonna get on sam?..AND yes..i do want to....but its very hard for me to make a move..i want to VERY much...but it's hard for me to do.
Posts: 38 | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.