Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » why cant everyone be happy

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: why cant everyone be happy
dotta
Activist
Member # 20900

Icon 5 posted      Profile for dotta     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
so first of all i live at home with my parents...im dating a black guy and my paretns are racist. they dont know im dating him but they are slowly finding out and i keep getting **** about my "secret life" then since i have had a boyfriend(my first real boyfriend) my best friend has been on my back about me spending too much time with him. its like she is trying to compete wtih everyone for me or whatever purpose i serve to her.
the thing is if im not with hhim im with her which in turn pisses my mother off bc i'm never home...so anyways kt, my best friend,and i hang out and she always puts me in these shitty situations like for example...a few days ago i got a hotel for me myboyfriend(austin) kt and sam.....my boyfriend wannted to finish watching wrestling at home and come back later....so kt(best friend) took that as an invitation to invite her dude over...that was ok with me and since sam wanted a dude i toldl her that it'd be ok to bring one other guy to hang out for a lil bit. so i guess katie took taht as lets bring everyone and invited over three guys(two of which i didnt even know)and all stayed the night. this put me in a shitty situation with my boyfriend he got pissed and didnt come over.
the thing that brought this to the last straw happened today...katie called me to hang out which was fine then she talked to my boyfriend so he could buy her beer. so i then talked to her later on at like 5:30 and told her i was picking up food and was going to eat it with austin. in the first place austin didnt even want to buy beer for her so the deal was that i would help him with his fish aquarium and then he would get it. well that took till aobut 9. and i was about to leave to go hang out and i get a phone call from one of our friends that we werent even planning to hang out with tonight saying that kts pissed that im ignoring her ..... that really pissed me off...then like five minutes later katie calls me sounding like a sarcastic biotch and all pissed off saying "i called 4 hours ago...where were you////we were supposed to hang out....that hurt my feelings, and daddad." i can totally undersand that i hurt her feelings but first of all my phone was on silent (not sure how that happened and i apologized)and it kinda seemed like all she wanted to do was get her beer.
this girl is my best friend and i have done soooo much stuff for this girl.. i have driven her around when she didnt have her license especially when she had a boyfriend and wanted to hang out with him....shes 18 just got her license just got her first job all she does is party and shes still not in college after a year outta highschool.... after reading this over i kinda realize how immature she is...this is not something that i or anyother mature being would make a big deal outta and fight with a best friend about. i dont know what or how to tell her this.

[This message has been edited by dotta (edited 02-04-2005).]

Posts: 76 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
coolestdesignz
Activist
Member # 18028

Icon 1 posted      Profile for coolestdesignz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
OK. I'm not even going to read that, because it really hurts my eyes to attempt to read it. Honestly. It's completely unintelligeble. Try breaking that up into paragraphs and sentences with capital letters, and some decent grammar in-general. Try to write something your English teacher might approve of.

As a bonus, you will get replies faster because people will be able to read what you posted.

Posts: 203 | From: Laguna Niguel, CA, USA | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dotta
Activist
Member # 20900

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dotta     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
maybe you should just suck it up and read it... there's not much i can do...it basically talksa bout shady friends boyfriedns and craazy moms.
Posts: 76 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
YO.

Actually dotta, you CAN make that more readable to people, and we very clearly ask users to do so in the registration agreement, right here: "When posting, you are expected to be respectful of your fellow posters and our staff, and to use language which is clear, which is not salacious or overly explicit, and which encourages intelligent, safe and mature discussion of the issues at hand.

We ask that you post with care to grammar and punctuation, so that it is easiest for everyone to understand you, and easiest for users to search for subjects. "

So, no: no one needs to "suck it up." You need to follow the rules, remember this is a large community and make your posts intelligible. I'm betting you turn papers in at school where you take some care with this, and we expect the same here. So yes, if you want your post answered, please edit this. And in the future, please write so we all can best understand you. Remember, too, that a lot of our users are international, so it's more important to write clearly here than it is in something local, or just among your immediate peer group.

And coolest? You can be a little nicer when making that request. Thanks.

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor & Founder
ST homepage • ST blog • about Heather & Scarleteen

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dotta
Activist
Member # 20900

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dotta     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
sorry about that...how is this?
---------------------------------------------
so first of all i live at home with my parents...im dating a black guy and my paretns are racist. this creates a huge neverending circle of problems. they dont know im dating him but they are slowly finding out and i keep getting **** about my "secret life".
then since i have had a boyfriend(my first real boyfriend) my best friend(katie) has been on my back about me spending too much time with him. its like she is trying to compete wtih everyone for me or whatever purpose i serve to her. However, the thing is if im not with hhim im with her which in turn pisses my mother off bc i'm never home(like i said..neverending circle of problems)

...so anyways kt, my best friend,and i hang out and she always puts me in these shitty situations like for example...a few days ago i got a hotel for me myboyfriend(austin) kt and sam.....my boyfriend wannted to finish watching wrestling at home and come back later....so kt(best friend) took that as an invitation to invite her dude over...that was ok with me and since sam wanted a dude i toldl her that it'd be ok to bring one other guy to hang out for a lil bit. All in all... i guess katie took taht as lets bring everyone and invited over three guys(two of which i didnt even know)and all stayed the night. this put me in a shitty situation with my boyfriend he got pissed and didnt come over.

the thing that brought this to the last straw happened today...katie called me to hang out which was fine then she talked to my boyfriend so he could buy her beer. so i then talked to her later on at like 5:30 and told her i was picking up food and was going to eat it with austin. in the first place austin didnt even want to buy beer for her so the deal was that i would help him with his fish aquarium and then he would get it. well that took till aobut 9. and i was about to leave to go hang out and i get a phone call from one of our friends that we werent even planning to hang out with tonight saying that kts pissed that im ignoring her ..... that really pissed me off...then like five minutes later katie calls me sounding like a sarcastic biotch and all pissed off saying "i called 4 hours ago...where were you////we were supposed to hang out....that hurt my feelings, and daddad." i can totally undersand that i hurt her feelings but first of all my phone was on silent (not sure how that happened and i apologized)and it kinda seemed like all she wanted to do was get her beer.

this girl is my best friend and i have done soooo much stuff for this girl.. i have driven her around when she didnt have her license especially when she had a boyfriend and wanted to hang out with him....shes 18 just got her license just got her first job all she does is party and shes still not in college after a year outta highschool....

after reading this over i kinda realize how immature she is...this is not something that i or anyother mature being would make a big deal outta and fight with a best friend about. i dont know what or how to tell her this.

[This message has been edited by dotta (edited 02-04-2005).]

coolestdesignz
Activist
Member # 18028

Icon 1 posted      Profile for coolestdesignz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Miz Scarlet:
Sure.

Dotta:
Much better.

About Katie-
I suggest maybe sitting her down and having a nice talk with her about where her life seems headed. I'm sure her current crowd wouldn't take to nicely to her if she was 20 years older than she is now.

If she has hopes of going anywhere in this lifetime, she needs to really shape-up. You need to show her the path, even if only because nobody else will.

----------------------

About your boyfriend-

You can continue to hide it from your family. Be warned that this could cause some seriously hostile feelings when they find out. Or you can tell them and hope they take it well. It's your life... don't let other people's racist beliefs ruin it for you.

About Katie and your BF... Maybe she is right... NOT! As long as you are happy with who you spend time with, she's wrong. Unless you are neglecting the relationships you have with your friends, then you need to really think ahead and make some time for them in your life, if you still want them as friends.

Posts: 203 | From: Laguna Niguel, CA, USA | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dotta
Activist
Member # 20900

Icon 14 posted      Profile for dotta     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
coolestdesignz, you really are the coolest!!! yeah kt and i made up and all...she was gettin riled up by some of "our friends". and so she was just upset i didn't call her and..."our friends" that gave me some info about her being drunk lied. so yes i am katies other half ...her better half may i say so myself, and i do try to lead her on the right track...all her progress so far has been bc of me nagging her and just being the best friend in the world.

and about the boyfriend situation...i really want to sit down and have the "coming out of the closet" talk with them but i really do not have any idea where to even start or what to say. any other advice on that?

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.