Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » rumours

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: rumours
macdaddy5029
Neophyte
Member # 7424

Icon 8 posted      Profile for macdaddy5029     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i've been going out with this girl for 2 months on and off. because everybody spreads rumors and says that she's cheating on me, and recently i got kicked out of school. and there is no way to see her. and i can't be there to know the truth. the only way i can find out is by asking around. she has lied to me before so i ask other people befor i ask her. i'm been with her for the past 3 weeks. and it's gone better then it used to. i think it's gonna work out but just incase another rumour comes around what should i do?
Posts: 2 | From: Huber Heights, Ohio, USA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
babygurl16
Neophyte
Member # 7334

Icon 7 posted      Profile for babygurl16     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
if the rumours upset you tell your gf either to tell you the truth and be faithfull or the realationship is over. it's as simple as that. and if you have to ask around then ask someone who would not lie to you. and would know if the romour is true
Posts: 17 | From: Huber Heights, Ohio, USA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BruinDan
Activist
Member # 3072

Icon 3 posted      Profile for BruinDan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you are more concerned about rumors than you are in what your girlfriend says, I'd say your relationship is going nowhere fast.

It really is all about the communication. You can't be around to keep an eye on her all day and all night, and that is the way it is supposed to be. She has her life and you've got yours, and trusting one another enough to allow yourselves separate lives is vitally important.

Rumors are going to spread regardless of what situation the two of you find yourselves in. You can choose to ignore the crowd and be secure in the company of one another, or you can let other people intrude on your relationship with pointless drivel. I would choose the first option myself.

Talk to your girlfriend. That will make all the difference.

------------------
"Task Force 46, Light Force 34, Engine and Rescue 66, Battalion 3, Division 2; respond into the Greater Alarm Structure Fire at San Pedro and Jefferson. Reported to be a fire at the First Alert fire extinguisher factory..."

BruinDan's Blog!
ICQ# 3953848

Posts: 2727 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cute Katie
Activist
Member # 6602

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cute Katie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you can't trust your girlfriend to tell you the truth, then why are you still dating her?

Relationships are built on trust and communication, and it sounds like yours has neither one of them. As BruinDan said, your relationship is going nowhere fast. And that's not good.

------------------
-~-Katie-~-

AIM: Amethyst95

Posts: 59 | From: Michigan, USA | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
babygurl16
Neophyte
Member # 7334

Icon 1 posted      Profile for babygurl16     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
thanks for the advice but i do trust my gf. thats why i get her word first.

Posts: 17 | From: Huber Heights, Ohio, USA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lilfran14
Activist
Member # 6858

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lilfran14     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
just make suer you ask her before you assume anything. Rumors are a powerful thing and they can ruin people lifes and dignity ande other self esteem things. Just be careful,. dont just assume!

------------------
~*Katie Frances*~
"No i dont want to meet ur friends,
and i dont want to start over again
i just want my life to be the same just like it
use to be"

"In the land of the free, home of the brave, why is it that i still feel like a slave.?"

Posts: 183 | From: Buffalo, NY :) | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
babygurl/macdaddy, it's one handle per customer here at Scarleteen.

So, you need to lose one of them. Why don't you post which one you're tossing so I can delete it, please.

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

My epitaph should read: "She worked herself into this ground."
-- Kay Bailey Hutchinson

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
macdaddy5029
Neophyte
Member # 7424

Icon 1 posted      Profile for macdaddy5029     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ok. sorry bout that. i was on my sisters account and i didn't realize it. my bad. i will make sure it's on my account for now on.

Posts: 2 | From: Huber Heights, Ohio, USA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.