Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » this boy...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: this boy...
Doe4youbaby
Neophyte
Member # 4389

Icon 12 posted      Profile for Doe4youbaby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok I have a big problem.
there is this guy "will" I used to date and was really hooked on , only thing I never felt any chemestry between us.
well we have always been great friends and everything but latley he has been presuring me to do things i dont want to do. like come to his house and do some full frontal snogging...
( read the new louise rennison book i love it!)
well not with him that is..
I Really Like this guy "travis" and he likes me too ... I think.. were going out to the movies next friday and "will" hates this . Im not going to just blow off travis for will even though he is a good friend.
How can i tell him to cool it and get a girl friend and stop bothering me?

Posts: 33 | From: ca usa | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cypher
Activist
Member # 1881

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cypher     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sometimes it can be really hard to let go of past relationships. One person may move on while the other one keeps hoping for reconciliation. The best thing to do is to talk to him. Tell Will that right now you're seeing someone else and that you don't feel starting a relationship with him would be a good idea. Ask him to respect your wishes and remain friends.

------------------
Smile, though your heart is breaking....

My crazy little universe....

"Whatever tomorrow brings I'll be there....
With open arms and open eyes...."

-Incubus

Posts: 289 | From: Canada | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doe4youbaby
Neophyte
Member # 4389

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doe4youbaby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks but if anyone has any more advice I would love to hear it
Posts: 33 | From: ca usa | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IceQueen
Neophyte
Member # 5118

Icon 4 posted      Profile for IceQueen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Stop being friends with "will" altogether.

Something is telling me that he's only friends with you for the sake of the full frontal snogging.

------------------
If a shoe don't fit, it ain't your shoe!

Posts: 5 | From: NY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
camryn
Activist
Member # 1242

Icon 1 posted      Profile for camryn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Be straight with Will about your feelings for him (purely platonic). Ask him if he is capable of just being friends with you. If he isn't then it's probably best you don't see him until he can respect your feelings on this. If he says he can handle it but continually pesters you for full frontal snogging (yeah, that was a great book - the second one was good too!)you will seriously have to consider cooling the friendship. Somebody that continually bugs you about doing stuff you're not into isn't respecting you or your friendship.
Posts: 42 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.