Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » from one to another

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: from one to another
star1120
Activist
Member # 1624

Icon 9 posted      Profile for star1120     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ryan, well, you know, my non boyfriend, well, he's been wierd lately and he's leaving in a month and i'm almost about to give up. a friend considered me going out with this other guy that will be a senior this year (i just graduated). i've met him once and talked to him, just a few words exchanged a few times... but i don;t really know him. but i think i'm interested because it;s someone new and i think i need that... but i;m not sre... what do you all think?

p.s. sorry for the bad typing, i have a splint on my right arm and it;s tuff to hit all the right keys! ahh!

------------------
" Life move pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." - Ferris Bueller

Posts: 183 | From: ohio, usa | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Etch
Activist
Member # 182

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Etch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If this Ryan guy isnt your boyfriend then go out with this other guy if you want to. Why hold out for someone who may never be when you could have someone right now who might be even better? But only go out with this other guy if you think you might really like him. Just dont hold out on your life because you are waiting for some guy who isnt even your boyfriend.
Posts: 523 | From: Ashland, Oregon, US | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
star1120
Activist
Member # 1624

Icon 1 posted      Profile for star1120     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
well, see, ryan and i have been in between just friends and bf-gf for the past 5 months. we've gone back and forth with what's up between us. it's just been wierd. but when the option of this other guy, we'll call him todd, came up, i wasn't sure on what i thought. ryan's been crappy lately and i'm ready to just move on, i think. i'm interested in going out with this guy, but i don't know if it's just because i want someone new or if i could actually become interested... hmm... maybe i'm not asking anything anyone else can answer but myself, but i just don;t know...
Posts: 183 | From: ohio, usa | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BruinDan
Activist
Member # 3072

Icon 3 posted      Profile for BruinDan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, the bottom line is that you should do what makes you happy. If you no longer feel interested in Ryan, and wish to try dating somebody else, that is what dating is all about.

The only thing that stops me from fully encouraging you to seek a relationship with Todd is that you just seem so unsure. It has been my experience that dating somebody when you aren't quite sure if you are ready to do so can result in problems and usually isn't a good idea. Additionally, if you are still conflicted as towards your feelings for Ryan, it may not be fair to Todd if you started seeing him instead.

However, if you do feel interested in Todd, and feel ready to date somebody without feeling encumbered by your feelings for Ryan, then by all means do so. Good luck!

------------------
"Verdugo, Engine 14; you can cancel all units responding to this structure fire...this is just a dishwasher gone bad."

BruinDan's Blog!
ICQ# 3953848

Posts: 2727 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
star1120
Activist
Member # 1624

Icon 1 posted      Profile for star1120     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
thank you! you've helped me kind of figure out what i want, not totally, but a bit more than before...thank you!

------------------
" Life move pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." - Ferris Bueller

star1120
Activist
Member # 1624

well, with your advice and my talking to ryan, i figured out that he wasn't avoiding me or just not hanging out with me, he was really busy. also, back at my graduation party, he told me he was making something for me... well, i thought he had forgotten that he told me that and just didn't worry about it until i heard him say that he was also busy working on that. and i finally got to talk to him and he told all that he's been up to and that my gift is not finished, but over half finished and he was being as sweet as ever.
i've realized with hanging out a little more with todd (not much, but i've been talking to him) that it may take a while before i can consider other guys... you know? even with ryan going off to school, my mind will still be on ryan. todd's a nice guy and all, but... yeah.
and to top off the 'talking to ryan and trying to find time to spend with him' thing, my best friend hannah saw him and he told her to give me a hug for him because he wasn't sure when we'd be able to get together. little things like that are kinda sweet to me...

------------------

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.