Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » hummmm no real title for this one

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: hummmm no real title for this one
reigh
Activist
Member # 2639

Icon 1 posted      Profile for reigh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Helo I've been gone from the net for a long time. Anyway life has continued moving on here. My question is for anyone to answer but I'm going to give a little back ground before cuase it's been so long since I spoke. Ok basically I have a friend who I had and honestly still have feeling for. She doesn't not feel the same. Now we have always been great freinds andand we talked out our differeing feelings no problems life goes on were better freinds than ever. Now she jioned the army right out of highschool and went into millitary intelegence last year. I have been going to collage in that time and have always considered the army even before I knew she was going to enlist as a way for me myself to earn money for paying off collage. I have had problems already affording collage so I went in to the recruitment center to find out what my options in the army were. I had had to wait a year any way cause of a misdiagnosis of ADD. Anyway I took my ASVAB and I did rather well especaily in electronics. I expected this cause I do a lot with electronics. Well here's the complication. I qualified for the a top job in the electronics catagory. They recomended a communications positions cause it had the best options for educations ect... Well going over the job description guess what I would be involved in (military intelegence) I mean I didn't exacltly plan that but I fear it looks like I following Her into her feild. I don't know if it's evan a problem with her but I don't want to break the news and have some negative effect. I mean I would really like this potition but not if it infringes on her personal space and lifstyle chioce. I really don't know what I mean by that but mabey you can see the complication of this or mabey I'm wrong mabey it's normal. I was wondering what I could tell her maby I could just tell her my job title and ask her questions about it let her find out the way i did what I would be doing? Is that deceptive? It would be more comfortable talking to her cause we've shared a lot of life already. Way more comfortable that talkling ot a recruiter about stuff like will I be able to bring my guitar small stuff questions like that. None of this will happen till September anyway so I have a lot of time to make desitions and would appreciate any thoughtful caring and intelegent advice on maters like this that involve those unpridictable variables of two humane spirits and hearts. thank you already for reading this long message.

------------------
I find a Want.
I want a Need.
I need a Deeper love.

Posts: 52 | From: Kennewick, wa, usa | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Siren
Activist
Member # 3243

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Siren     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think your fear is that she'll think you're following her into her field, and that you did it purposely. If that's the case, tell her the job you got, that you'll be involved in military intelligence, and then explain to her that you didn't know you would be given the job you were given. Cause you didn't. But it sounds like a wonderful opportunity for you, how could you not take the job? And if you're as good of friends as you say you are, I'm sure she won't react negatively. And I think it would be perfectly okay to ask her questions about the military and what life will be like for you. I'm sure she'll be very willing to help. And if you think she needs some personal space, give it to her. But I'm pretty sure everything will be okay. Good luck.

------------------
Lil Siren

Read My Thoughts...

Posts: 190 | From: NY, USA | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
reigh
Activist
Member # 2639

Icon 1 posted      Profile for reigh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yay your right about that siren I was just a little overwelmed at the time I wrote this message. I 'm in the middle of my email to her right now and it isn't as complicated to explain as I thought especailly since there are so many benifits to taking this job. Having a freind share and talk to about my expirience with is just an added bonus. :-)
I'll keep posted how thing s go with the job and my relationship with my freind. However I', not nervuose obout that any more. I mean hey weve been freinds for over four years and two of thoughts have been for the most part long distance.

Posts: 52 | From: Kennewick, wa, usa | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BruinDan
Activist
Member # 3072

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BruinDan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Something else to consider is the fact that tha US Armed Forces change their minds constantly. Openings are constantly coming up and being filled in a wide variety of positions. They may need you in infantry one day, and communications the next. So there is no guarantee you'll be placed in Intel anyway.

I don't know much about the Army, since I was in the Air Force while I was in college, but I know that for the Air Force, only officers work Intel anyway. So it is more than likely that you and your friend will have different carer paths anyway.

Of course, she shouldn't be worried about your plans regardless. You are doing what is best for you, and any true friend would realize and understand that. Best of luck to you!

--Danny

------------------
It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood...

ICQ# 3953848

Posts: 2727 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
reigh
Activist
Member # 2639

Taht's interesting danny. I t must work way different in the air fource though. I have in writting exactly what job I'll be doing in the army. It's a job in electronics and everything in that feild is clasified. I'm specifically working with satalights for communications. beond that I can't say but it is involved fairly heavely in intlegence. I don't know much about the rank thing but I 'm getting some sort of imediate rank advancement due to obtaining my eagle a few years ago. Tahnks for the info though
reigh
Activist
Member # 2639

please excuse my spelling there it's like 2:30am my time. I obviosly need to go to bed now that my reasearch and replying is done.

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.