Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » Am I "NoRmAl"????? :confused:

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Am I "NoRmAl"????? :confused:
Camzie13
Activist
Member # 2908

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Camzie13     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My sis just got home from spring break, and my family is revolving around her. Is it normal for me to miss her so much when she is gone and hate her when she gets back? we went out to dinner, and i realized I can't stand my family. we argue about EVERY single topic. When we got home I was feelin like a thanksgiving turkey(stuffed), and just wanted to get out of my uncomfortable dress clothes, into my PJs, and cuddle w/ my blankie. well....the family had other plans...They decided that I had to come down to see my sis blow out the candles 4 her 16th b-day (yesterday). First my dad told me to come down...and i told him i had to change, but i was comin down. so....5 minutes later, just as i finish getting out of my dress clothes, standing there in my underwear, in comes my oldest sis (without knocking) and tells me to get my butt downstairs. well, that put me in a bad mood 4 the rest of the night, and i couldn't even be around ANYONE. whenever someone even told me to change the TV channel, I would feel this uncontrollable anger/frustration, and i would storm out. I mean, it felt like the worst thing in the world to be talked to. My mom and my dog were the only ones who didn't drive me up the wall. Is there such thing as PMS-post menstrual syndrome(my period finished yesterday)....I love my family, but I can't stand them @ the moment ...Is this normal teenage behavior, or am i jsut screwed up???
Thanx 4 the help...
~Camz~

Posts: 147 | From: NJ | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, it is normal HUMAN behaviour, not simply teenage behaviour.

Yes, it is totally normal and okay to have feelings of resentment when someone close to you leaves and then when they're back.

It's usually kind of hard when someone you miss who is never there comes back and suddenly everything seems to revolve around them. It may just help to remind yourself that that happens when someone has been gone, because everyone is playing catch-up.

I doubt it's a hormonal issue. Sounds like a pretty normal (and okay) emotional reaction.

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

"If you're a bird, be an early early bird --
But if you're a worm, sleep late." - Shel Silverstein

Posts: 68164 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lin
Activist
Member # 2050

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think that sounds perfectly normal hon.

When my brother is away, I kind of miss him (yes, amazing huh?) but when he is back, I go look up those Japanese Hitmen phone numbers again.

It's never fun feeling left out and unimportant. And maybe that's how you are feeling now. Seeing that everything is revolving around your sis. But that is only natural hon and I think you know it. Give it some time. The excitement will probably die down in a couple of days and you can just chill out with your sis. Doing sisterly stuff. Which will probably make you feel alot better.

And yes, I believe some women swear that they have Post-Menstrual Syndrome. Me? I have Permanent-Menstrual Syndrome.

Posts: 2294 | From: Singapore | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CallMeBuffChick
Activist
Member # 2101

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CallMeBuffChick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So you have it too Lin

You're fine sweetie. There's nothing wrong with you at all. Everyone gets like that. It's not much fun.

Things will go back to normal in a few days and everything will be A-O-K!

------------------
To be a princess is to be an actress, but not necessarily a good one.
Don't dream your life, live your dream

Posts: 433 | From: Wichita, Ks | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StarryRedhead
Activist
Member # 607

Icon 1 posted      Profile for StarryRedhead     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You're normal. It could just be because you're used to your regular routine and when your sister comes home that all changes, your parents are excited to see her, you're happy to have her back but at the same time the adjustment is just a little much, it's a lot going on, right?

I know my dad left us for a few years and when he came back I immediately just felt angry all the time. I had spent so much time getting used to him NOT being there and when he came back I had to get used to him being there and the thought of him possibly leaving again scared me and stressed me out. I'd fight with my sister more than ever, with my mom, and even my dad (which then I'd feel bad because I kept thinking I should just be happy he's back).

Hang in there, you'll be okay in a few days or so.

------------------
}{*Starry Ali*}{
"You just close your eyes slowly like you're waiting for a kiss, and hope some lowly little power will pull you out of this..."

Posts: 367 | From: NY, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.