Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » I need to know

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I need to know
Ivy_Crane
Neophyte
Member # 4730

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Ivy_Crane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not sure if you can answer this question or not i just hope you can.
Okay, My name is ivy, and i'm 16. in grade ten. and very confused, there is this guy he graduated from high school 3 weeks ago, and i've known him for about 4 years, we were kind of like friends, and the truth is that I think i fell in love with him. but i'm not sure. I miss him alot and think about him all the time and it just kills me knowing that i'm never going to see him again. So basically my question is How do you know when you fall in love??
thanks a bunch love:Ivy

Posts: 6 | From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alaska
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1896

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alaska     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Ivy,

I'll move this over to relationships so that you can get a bunch of answers, okay?

Falling in love feels differently for everyone, I think. For me falling in love or lust usuallly involves...a fascination, being smitten, butterflies in my stomach, not being able to think clearly about anything but my object of affection, wanting to be near that person....

But falling in love has many faces. Do you think you haev fallen in love?
Let's see what some others have to say, eh?

------------------
Caro
~spanking new Scarleteen Sexpert~

"Through repetition the magic will be forced to rise."
Alchemical Precept

Posts: 4526 | From: germany | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cypher
Activist
Member # 1881

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cypher     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Falling in love, to me, was an undeniable attraction. The other person makes your heart rate quicken and my breathing speeds up as well. That person has the ability to make you feel like you two are the only ones in the room. It makes you feel happy and affectionate.

It's really hard to put into words, but you can't get that person out of your mind.

------------------
Smile, though your heart is breaking....

My crazy little universe....

"Whatever tomorrow brings I'll be there....
With open arms and open eyes...."

-Incubus

Posts: 289 | From: Canada | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Qt4everNB
Neophyte
Member # 5095

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Qt4everNB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
how do u no when ur in love...really to me i just dont no..i feel it...deep within me i have this sensation that makes feel great and wonderful inside this sensation that wont let me think of anything but that person...

Love is not of knowing but of feeling...thats how it seems to me...u just no it deep inside..and no one can tell u ur not or are..U just feel it urself...deep inside you..

that the meaning of knowin im in love or not..and u seem to become a better person hehe thats the way i get..that someone brings the best out of you...

Just wanna say I love you to my baby Uve totally made me a better person

[This message has been edited by Qt4everNB (edited 08-11-2001).]

Posts: 20 | From: Guttenberg, NJ,USA | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AngelElisheva
Activist
Member # 3815

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AngelElisheva     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To me, falling in love and being in love are two different things. I would compare falling in love to what I've heard people on this site call New Relationship Energy, or NRE. It's that feeling you get whenever your partner's around, the general happiness, calmness, but nervousness...it's hard to put into words, so I hope you know what I'm talking about.

On the other hand, being in love (again, to me) is feeling secure and comfortable around my partner. It's when he's my best friend before my boyfriend, when I can trust him with anything. Falling in love is more of a romantic, sighing, can't-get-him-out-of-my-head stage, while being in love is more of a feeling of "rightness."

That said, nobody can tell you what falling in love or being in love really, truly is; it's different for everybody. That's the beauty of love; it's never the same, from person to person, relationship to relationship. So whatever you've got, if you like it, then treasure it, and don't worry about putting a name to it. Shakespeare had it right: "What's in a name? A rose by any other name would smell as sweet."

~Angel~

------------------
Nobody knows what you know, nobody's seen what you've seen, nobody's lived what you've lived...so why let them judge you?
~Personal Quote~

You know, Hobbes, sometimes I think the surest sign of intelligent life elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.
~Calvin~

IM: AngelElisheva (Oh, I'm so creative, aren't I?)

Posts: 176 | From: Middle of Nowhere, PA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rasee
Neophyte
Member # 4867

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rasee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
AngelElisheva, I couldn't have said it better myself.

------------------
"Sometimes the hardest part of moving forward is never looking back."

Posts: 23 | From: Bangkok, Thailand | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.