Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » To be or not to be, single that is

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: To be or not to be, single that is
kdxnate250
Neophyte
Member # 2771

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kdxnate250     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've heard alot of talk here about everyones boy friends and sometimes a guy will say something about a girl friend but for all the single people out there whats the best part about being single?
Posts: 26 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
loveable me
Neophyte
Member # 2915

Icon 1 posted      Profile for loveable me     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The best thing is to be able to do exactly what you want to do whenever you want to.
Posts: 28 | From: København, Denamrk | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lin
Activist
Member # 2050

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
One thing I liked about being single was not having to worry about someone else, really.

I mean, I always have to consider my friends and family but suddenly, I have to worry and give consideration to this other guy. Which can be a little weird and at times, frustrating.

But then, being attached and being single both come with their good points and bad points. Depends on how you see it, I guess.

Posts: 2294 | From: Singapore | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glitter695
Activist
Member # 1515

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glitter695     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The best part is to look at all the hotties and not get yelled at!! eheheh

You have more freedom then you do when you have a serious relatioship, but I took that commitment and I was ready and I am very happy, sometimes I miss things, but not too often.

------------------
*~*~12/3/99*~*
*~*~*~I LOVE YOU BOB FOREVER AND ALWAYS*~*~*~

"Advice is what we ask for when we already know the answer, but wish we didn't" -Erica Jong<~~~no thats not me :)

*~*Scarleteen Advocate*~*

Posts: 1978 | From: NY:) | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hanne
Sexpert
Member # 100

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hanne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The best things about being single?

You can order the pizza the way you want it without having to negotiate doing half with anchovies and half without.

You can be as bitchy as you want for no reason at all and no one else has to put up with it.

You can listen to the same song (or CD) 500000000 times in a row without driving anyone else crazy.

You get ALL THE BLANKETS!

You can smile and feel smug when your friends tell you about all the problems they're having in their relationships.

There's never a disagreement over what movie you're gonna go see.

You can be autonomous and gorgeous and free and make everyone wonder "gee, why does that person seem to be radiating so much enthusiasm for life? wow, I wish I was like that." (You can do this when you're *in* a relationship too, but a lot of people forget that you can do it when you're not in one.)

------------------
Hanne Blank
Co-Editor, Scarleteen

Start a Revolution -- Stop Hating Your Body!

Posts: 1538 | From: boston, ma, USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lin
Activist
Member # 2050

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm definitely with Hanne on the blanket one.

Geez..I hate sharing my blanket. My guy can go get his own.

And my pillow. I'm so obseesive I hide it in the cupboard when someone is sleeping over in my room. I don't want them to grab it.

Posts: 2294 | From: Singapore | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lucky1402
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 894

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lucky1402     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's good to be single sometimes, beacause you can flirt and be interested in other guys without fear of ticking off your boyfriend. Plus, you can go out with youre friends without having to look good for somebody. And you don't have to worry about making sure you call him on time and you don't have to be tied down.~ Saves alot of emotional stress sometimes, too.

------------------
*^Lucky^*
Come check out what's goin on in Lucky's mind!
"Dream as if you'll live forever, live as though you'll die today."

Posts: 492 | From: Michigan | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lilnerd
Activist
Member # 1194

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lilnerd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
oh, soo many..

*being able to flirt and chill with any guy you want
*not having to deal with wondering where he is + who he's with or vica versa
*not getting upset over stupid little fights or over things he said/you said
*getting to sleep at a normal hour (instead of trying to figure out a way to say 'i have to go' on the phone)
*being able to just relax in your scrubby weekend clothes rather than getting dolled up every weekend
*not stressing if you don't hear from him in a day...
*not having to or even considering bailing your friends
*having enough brain cells to concentrate on all sorts of subjects (like school work! )

etc, etc, etc

------------------
"it's like being hit in the head repeatedly with a sock full of quarter's" ~~Daria~~

[This message has been edited by lilnerd (edited 03-01-2001).]

Posts: 543 | From: NY | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.